Windows 10: Can Win10 refresh Explorer

Discus and support Can Win10 refresh Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does Win10 have a keyboard equivalent to XPs Control-F5 ? Thanks. 68662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Nov 1, 2016.

1. James1093 Win User

Can Win10 refresh Explorer

Does Win10 have a keyboard equivalent to XPs Control-F5 ?

Thanks.

:)

James1093, Nov 1, 2016

2. Win10 Home 64-bit explorer restart in a loop

I did not install any software since system upgrade to win10.

No messanger. Ony open explorer Windows close and desktop refresh.

Problem existed form that time and gone only once for 24h afer win update till next power on.

In the event log I have found reference to IDTAudio module on crash.

Uninstalled. Problem gone.

KrystianDanysz, Nov 1, 2016
  3. What do i do with the $Windows.~WS files

So I have downloaded the MediaCreationToolx64 downloaded win10 but there was one problem I needed space so I refreshed my pc but I saw the the Windows folder holding win10 was 5gb. My question is CAN I delete those files when win10 is done installing or
    do they have to stay

john delaigle, Nov 1, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

It's still Ctrl+F5

Edwin, Nov 1, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Nov 1, 2016
  6. James1093 Win User
    Guess all Win 10's aren't the same then. My Cntrl-F5 and F5 do absolutely nothing !

So here's more info in case this scenario does in fact not work for anyone.

I have explorer open in Win 10. It's shared with XP and in XP I add some files to that folder and look for them in Win 10. Not there and no F5 combination works.

The only way so far to see them in Win 10 is close Explorer and re-open it.

However if I reverse things (copy files in win 10) then XP Explorer does see them.

James1093, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Win10 refresh Explorer - Similar Threads - Win10 refresh Explorer

2. Explorer Refresh Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer Refresh Issues: The last few days I've been having issues with Explorer not refreshing automatically when copying/pasting/deleting files from folders. I have to manually Ctrl+R in order for the files to appear or disappear. I've also encountered a problem where Explorer crashes if I drag a...
  3. Explorer refresh bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer refresh bug: Hello, I am having a problem with explorer refresh when creating folders or copying files from between directories after installing NFS Client feature in Windows 10 Pro edition. This problem I had before in my old computer last year but I assumed because the old computer...
  4. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders: I have w10 1809 up to date, stock install, and my explorer window does not refresh when I download a file or unzip something. How do I correct this? 161885
  5. Shut Down Failure, No Windows Explorer Auto-refresh and Windows Explorer startup failure Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut Down Failure, No Windows Explorer Auto-refresh and Windows Explorer startup failure Win10: I am experiencing 3 problems. The first is about Shut Down and Restart. On Shut Down, Restart and possibly Sign Out, the majority of the time will stay stuck on the blue screen and spinning wheel. The second problem occurs 99% of the time. The only time it is not in...
  6. Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?: If I use the "new" search function (in the windows 10 b1909 file explorer) to list all pdf in my actual directory and all subdirectories I type *.pdf in the higher right corner search field and get the correct result. But if I mark them all (CTRL+a) and press the DEL key, it...
  7. Windows explorer not refreshing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer not refreshing: Hello,Windows explorer not refreshing. In folders where video files are, there were thumbnails (small picture of the video clip). Now there are only medium icons with "mp4" text inside.Once when I opened such a folder, there was a yellow progress bar running at the upper side...
  8. Explorer refresh is the most annoying thing in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer refresh is the most annoying thing in Win10: When you are renaming files. When you are selecting multiple files. When you are scrolling down a folder. Explorer refreshes negates all you have done, takes you back to the top and in effect says "start again". ….and when you start again you are in a race against...
  9. Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 1709, I've noticed that Windows Explorer is refusing to automatically refresh files and folders when a change is made. For example, if I download a file and then delete that file, Explorer prompts if I want to delete the file. I press yes and yet the...
  10. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder: It seems this is a fairly common problem. At least for my ~5 different Windows 10 computers, it happens all the time. It's probably easiest to reproduce this problem by navigating any network share folder on Explorer and then creating a new folder. But it happens also on...