Windows 10: Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?

Discus and support Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Our company IT requires the laptop with Win10_Pro license for IT management. But the new HP laptop only provides preinstalled Win11_Pro system. Can we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LiuXing_IAVShanghai, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?

Our company IT requires the laptop with Win10_Pro license for IT management. But the new HP laptop only provides preinstalled Win11_Pro system. Can we just install official Win10_Pro on this new laptop? Will the new Win10_Pro reuse the original Win11_Pro license and activated itself?

:)

LiuXing_IAVShanghai, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jun 26, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    I have a concern about windows 10 license and activation.

Maybe the first question to ask would be why does it require Windows 10 Pro? Why is Windows 10 Home not sufficient? If the goal is only to get an SSD into the refurbished laptop, then why not just move the SSD over and, as you suggest, do a clean install of Windows 10 Home?

1. Create a USB flash drive of Windows 10 using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, I recommend a 16 GB or 32 GB flash drive:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

2. Create a folder on the flash drive created in step 1 above and export the existing refurbished laptop drivers to that folder:
    Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

3. Replace the hard drive in the refurbished laptop with the SSD.

4. Boot the refurbished laptop from the USB flash drive created in step 1 and perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home.

5. After Windows 10 Home is installed, re-install drivers from the USB flash drive for any hardware in device manager that is missing drivers.

If you re-install Windows 10 Home, there will be no activation issues - it will activate using the already existing digital license for Windows 10 Home for the refurbished laptop. If you put Windows 10 Pro onto the refurbished laptop - either with a clean install or by moving from another computer, you will have to manually activate it to establish the digital license for Windows 10 Pro for the refurbished laptop.

NavyLCDR, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?

1. Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license? - Similar Threads - Win10_Pro activated Laptop

2. License and activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License and activation: I purchased a computer at a Restore. I formatted the hard drive to erase the existing data, now it requires activation. Since the computer was donated to the Restore from a college, I do not have access to an activation code. HELP!...
  3. Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?: Our company IT requires the laptop with Win10_Pro license for IT management. But the new HP laptop only provides preinstalled Win11_Pro system. Can we just install official Win10_Pro on this new laptop? Will the new Win10_Pro reuse the original Win11_Pro license and activated...
  4. Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Win10_Pro be activated on the HP Laptop with Win11_Pro license?: Our company IT requires the laptop with Win10_Pro license for IT management. But the new HP laptop only provides preinstalled Win11_Pro system. Can we just install official Win10_Pro on this new laptop? Will the new Win10_Pro reuse the original Win11_Pro license and activated...
  5. Activation License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation License: I have Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I downloaded and installed it free from Microsoft, several years ago nowMy Activation screen says the Windows 10 is activated using your organization's activation service..............I am getting 'Windows license will expire soon'...
  6. Can activation license be expired?

Can activation license be expired?: Hello everyone,My friend bought a custom-built pc from a retailer and he has used it for 5 years without a problem.But yesterday, he got an notification "This copy of windows is not genuine" in safe mode after a very weirdo long time to start up. My first question is Why this...
  7. Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to...

Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to...: I'm getting a new computer soon. Laptop to desktop. I'm wondering if I can transfer my old digital license from my laptop to my desktop. Is it possible, and if it is how would I do it?...
  8. Licensing and activation

Licensing and activation: What is the difference between the OEM key, volume key, retail key, digital licenced key and activation code key, and can I re-use the same key multiple times in the same pc after re- formatting, if so which one is best ?...
  9. licensing activation

licensing activation: keep receiving error Ox80070781 which means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licensing-activation/c797eee8-4ecd-4c80-84b7-236b62a2718a"
  10. activate windows 10 on A HP laptop

activate windows 10 on A HP laptop: i bought a hp laptop yesterday from a pawnshop with windows 10 pro on it but it wont activate and i tried the virtual agent and that didnt help. what do i do to activate it?...