Windows 10: Can win32 app be published in Microsoft store?

Discus and support Can win32 app be published in Microsoft store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello everybody,I found here a community post of 2020 that states win32 app should be packaged through UUP bridge to publish in the store.Is there any... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by s_bonny, May 19, 2021.

1. s_bonny Win User

Can win32 app be published in Microsoft store?

Hello everybody,I found here a community post of 2020 that states win32 app should be packaged through UUP bridge to publish in the store.Is there any policy change regarding win32 app publishing in recent times? Is it possible now to publish non-packaged desktop app?

:)

s_bonny, May 19, 2021

2. Win32 apps in the Microsoft Store?

Hi Martin,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

No, generic Win32 apps cannot be found in the Microsoft Store. The developer must use the UUP bridge to publish the app in the store.

Many Windows apps (I should say common) are in the Store,

I hope that helps.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 19, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, May 19, 2021
  4. Can win32 app be published in Microsoft store?

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Can win32 app be published in Microsoft store?

1. Can win32 app be published in Microsoft store? - Similar Threads - win32 app published

2. Where can I find info on Softpard Tech an app publisher on Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find info on Softpard Tech an app publisher on Microsoft Store?: Where can I find info on Softpard Tech an app publisher on Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-info-on-softpard-tech-an-app/e954bfe8-1ed3-413f-8408-3f3bfaf4a0ad
  3. Where can I find info on Softpard Tech an app publisher on Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find info on Softpard Tech an app publisher on Microsoft Store?: Where can I find info on Softpard Tech an app publisher on Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-info-on-softpard-tech-an-app/e954bfe8-1ed3-413f-8408-3f3bfaf4a0ad
  4. Publishing an app with obfuscation on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Publishing an app with obfuscation on Microsoft Store: I would like to know if obfuscation is allowed for .NET applications that need to be published to Microsoft Store.I'd like to protect my source code. From my understanding code virtualization is not allowed, but are simple obfuscation techniques like renaming/control flow...
  5. Publishing an app with obfuscation on Microsoft Store

Publishing an app with obfuscation on Microsoft Store: I would like to know if obfuscation is allowed for .NET applications that need to be published to Microsoft Store.I'd like to protect my source code. From my understanding code virtualization is not allowed, but are simple obfuscation techniques like renaming/control flow...
  6. Microsoft Store Apps, do they all receive a review before they are published to the public...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps, do they all receive a review before they are published to the public...: In a specific case, I was looking for a world encyclopedia for my desktop. I saw there was one titled Britannica World Encyclopedia by Tonic Soft. I was about to purchase and then I read the review by a person who purchased the product. Said that it was an app that led to a...
  7. Microsoft Store Apps, do they all receive a review before they are published to the public...

Microsoft Store Apps, do they all receive a review before they are published to the public...: In a specific case, I was looking for a world encyclopedia for my desktop. I saw there was one titled Britannica World Encyclopedia by Tonic Soft. I was about to purchase and then I read the review by a person who purchased the product. Said that it was an app that led to a...
  8. Publish WPF App with .Net Core 3.0 on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Publish WPF App with .Net Core 3.0 on Microsoft Store: Hi All, I am a Windows Application Developer. I want to publish my Application WPF with .Net Core 3.0 on Microsoft store. I have never done that before so want to know what's the way of doing that. Also how can I regularly update my App on the store. Thanks, Kashish G....
  9. Publish Windows Service to the Microsoft store

Publish Windows Service to the Microsoft store: Hi, I have a Windows Service written in C++ that I would like to publish to the Microsoft Store. How do I go about doing this - do I need to package the service in MSIX format first. My understanding is that MSIX support for Windows Services exists only on Windows 10...
  10. Win32 apps in the Microsoft Store?

Win32 apps in the Microsoft Store?: Hello everybody, in the last month it was repeatedly in the media, that Microsoft will not only allow UWP but also win32 apps like games in the Microsoft Store. Does this currently still "only" concern apps which have been converted to UWP apps using deskop bridge or can now...