Windows 10: Can windows 10 be installed over a program that was already factory installed on my laptop

Discus and support Can windows 10 be installed over a program that was already factory installed on my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My lap top already has Windows 10 installed from factory. My desktop has completely disappeared. How do I get it back? Can I install Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarieGruber, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Can windows 10 be installed over a program that was already factory installed on my laptop

My lap top already has Windows 10 installed from factory. My desktop has completely disappeared. How do I get it back? Can I install Windows 10 again so I get my desktop back? HELP

:)

MarieGruber, Oct 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Can windows 10 be installed over a program that was already factory installed on my laptop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Can windows 10 be installed over a program that was already factory installed on my laptop

1. Can windows 10 be installed over a program that was already factory installed on my laptop - Similar Threads - installed program was

2. Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress": Multiple installations I've attempted to make have failed due to another installation being in progress. Below are 2 examples. I have already tried looking at the task manager numerous times, though this does not seem to help. Additionally, whenever I shut down or restart...
  3. Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs failing to install on Windows 11, "Installation already in progress": Multiple installations I've attempted to make have failed due to another installation being in progress. Below are 2 examples. I have already tried looking at the task manager numerous times, though this does not seem to help. Additionally, whenever I shut down or restart...
  4. Can you move an already installed program between computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you move an already installed program between computers?: I have two windows xp servers without internet connection, one of them has a specific program and the other one doesn't.I cannot use a usb to copy an installation file on the one without it, but i can move files between both computes.When I tried to just copy the program and...
  5. Can you move an already installed program between computers?

Can you move an already installed program between computers?: I have two windows xp servers without internet connection, one of them has a specific program and the other one doesn't.I cannot use a usb to copy an installation file on the one without it, but i can move files between both computes.When I tried to just copy the program and...
  6. can not install windows 10 over windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not install windows 10 over windows 7: can not install windows 10 usb drive over windows 7 installation states remove the installation media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-windows-10-over-windows-7/dc66878a-b6e0-40b6-9e64-06d820ef5635
  7. can not install windows 10 over windows 7

can not install windows 10 over windows 7: can not install windows 10 usb drive over windows 7 installation states remove the installation media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-windows-10-over-windows-7/dc66878a-b6e0-40b6-9e64-06d820ef5635
  8. can not install windows 10 over windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. [Question] Install already existing programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Install already existing programs: Hello fellow Windows users. I have an SSD for Windows and an HDD for everything else. I reinstalled Windows and kept all the data on the HDD, of course as intended all the registry entries got deleted but the programs on the HDD are all runable when opening the exes. Does...
  10. Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.: Hello this is my first visit to the forum, as the time nears for the windows 10 upgrade I had a few questions. My Samsung Activ9 came with windows 8 preinstalled, to upgrade it to 8.1 I had to manually install every windows update by hand and some had to be installed...