Windows 10: Can windows 10 home license be upgraded to pro without buy a new product key?

Discus and support Can windows 10 home license be upgraded to pro without buy a new product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; if i have purchased a windows 10 home license key/product key, can i upgrade to windows 10 pro without purchasing a new license key/product key? i saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fachrurozi, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Can windows 10 home license be upgraded to pro without buy a new product key?

if i have purchased a windows 10 home license key/product key, can i upgrade to windows 10 pro without purchasing a new license key/product key? i saw a windows 10 pro upgrade ad on the microsoft store app, it sells for $99, i assumed it would upgrade the previous license, and i thought i got a digital license digital entitlement instead of a new windows 10 pro license key is that correct? if so, what happen if i want to move my windows 10 home license key? will the license change to windows 10 pro or still windows 10 home or i need to buy a new windows 10 pro license key?

:)

Fachrurozi, Jun 24, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

The keys are there because 1. It is the product key you end up with when you gain a digital license for Windows 10 Pro through legitimate means and 2. When you do a clean install of Windows 10 (without adding an ei.cfg file), on a computer with a product key for Windows 10 Home stored in UEFI, you can use the generic product key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home that installs by default to Windows 10 Pro - but only if you have an existing digital license for that computer for Windows 10 Pro previously stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.

The reason the generic Windows10 Pro product key will not upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Pro is because you do not have a preexisting digital license for Pro for that computer stored on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Macxfadz Win User
    Use previous windows 10(upgraded from Windows 7) Product key(license) for new PC

Hi,

I upgraded my Windows 7(Pro) to windows 10(Pro) in my old PC(laptop) ,Now I have to use new PC(Desktop) since old PC's motherboard is not working.Can I use my previous windows 7(pro) product key to activate freshly install windows 10(Pro) on
    new PC?If there any easy steps to follow please mention.

If we can use single Windows 7->10 license in multiple machines(Not sharing license key,PC one at time),How many PCs can use same license key at a time?

Assume :- Current laptop( which has Windows 10 upgraded) is broken,then I will buy another Desktop and,If I can activate windows 10 with previous product key ,and if it;s replaced by another PC or change its Motherboard or processor .How many times current
    product key can be extended for separate machines?

Can I transfer my current product key or license to another PC? or Can we uninstall the product key from the current device and use it for another device?

Please help and reply if anyone know the mechanism! asap This is an urgent matter.

Thank you.

Macxfadz, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Xttne Win User

Can windows 10 home license be upgraded to pro without buy a new product key?

Windows 10 Home digital license, but Windows 10 Pro installed. Want to stay Pro. Upgrade or buy Pro key?

My Windows 10 Pro expired. It was installed by a PC fixer years ago and I have no method to contact them now. Before that, I had Windows 10 Home installed via OEM & I still have the product key.

I know there is a method to reinstall Windows 10 Home, however I want to stay Pro but I want to activate the license.

Am I able to reactive by buying a Pro Upgrade or do I have to buy a new product key?

Xttne, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Can windows 10 home license be upgraded to pro without buy a new product key?

1. Can windows 10 home license be upgraded to pro without buy a new product key? - Similar Threads - home license upgraded

2. how to buy a new product key on windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to buy a new product key on windows 11 home: how can i get a new product key on windows 11 home ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-buy-a-new-product-key-on-windows-11-home/e6cdd4c6-c9e6-4ddf-9783-15f7b699b9eb
  3. how to buy a new product key on windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to buy a new product key on windows 11 home: how can i get a new product key on windows 11 home ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-buy-a-new-product-key-on-windows-11-home/e6cdd4c6-c9e6-4ddf-9783-15f7b699b9eb
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  5. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?: I have a laptop which I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home. However, since the upgrade, I have not been able to connect to wireless hard disks, including a Seagate hard disk which a lot of important files are stored. How do I downgrade from Pro back to Home,...
  6. Buy a License Key or Product Ley

Buy a License Key or Product Ley: How to buy a license key or product key? Do I can Buy it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-a-license-key-or-product-ley/eb8dd9f7-03f1-49a7-9b7c-5dada28704e9
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?: Is what I am asking possible? I first bought an upgrade from the Microsoft Store and it hasn't worked. The install installed Windows 10 Enterprise. Using system restore I went back to Windows 10 Home. Now when I try install at Microsoft Store I get the error 0xc004f050. I...
  8. upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.: Windows10 home was loaded on my laptop when I purchased it. I now want to upgrade to 10 pro, but am being told I need original product key for 10 home. Please help! How can I get the upgrade, or prove I have the 10 home legitimately? Thanks....
  9. windows 10 buy new product key

windows 10 buy new product key: hi I am ravi, I have installed copy of windows 10 that has a product key almost expired. an massage has coming on pc screen for genuine your windows. so I want purchase a new product key...
  10. Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key

Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key: When trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro we are getting this error 0xc004f050. The original license is a digital license and the upgrade we are trying to perform is a purchased license key....