Windows 10: Can Windows 10 Home lock my desktop icons in place?

Discus and support Can Windows 10 Home lock my desktop icons in place? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 home on a laptop and I take it with me to home and work. At work, my laptop is connected to 2 monitors that are 23 inches each and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keith S.310, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Can Windows 10 Home lock my desktop icons in place?

I run Windows 10 home on a laptop and I take it with me to home and work. At work, my laptop is connected to 2 monitors that are 23 inches each and connected to a docking station pluggable connected through USB 3.0. I have a similar set up at home with 2 monitors that are 23 inches each and connected to a docking station wavlink connected through USB 3.0. I like my desktop icons to be located a certain way so I can easily locate them. There are some icons on my desktop that I want to lock in place. Is there somewhere in the properties that I can click on to "permanently lock in place"?

:)

Keith S.310, Nov 3, 2020

2. lock windows 10 desktop icons in place

lock windows 10 desktop icons in place

francestmeyers, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Locking/pinning Windows 10 desktop icons in place

This made them "auto arrange". It was backwards from what I wanted to do (really!). We want to LOCK our icons in the place WE WANT THEM. Please tell us how to do that and KEEP them WHERE WE WANT THEM. Thanks

Senterlane, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Can Windows 10 Home lock my desktop icons in place?

Windows 10 can't lock desktop icons in place

Hi,

In Windows 10, there are ways to keep the icons in place. To make them stay in their location, we suggest that you check these methods:

Method 1:

• In your desktop, right click on an open area.
    • Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
    • Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click
      Apply.
    • Arrange your icons where you want them to be.

Method 2:

• In an open area, right click on your desktop.
    • Select View, on the drop down menu Auto arrange icons shouldn't have a checkmark and
      Align icons to grid should have a checkmark.
    Let us know if any of the above methods work.

Xylee Del, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Can Windows 10 Home lock my desktop icons in place?

1. Can Windows 10 Home lock my desktop icons in place? - Similar Threads - Home lock desktop

2. How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11: Want to be able to go directly to that site.I use the Chrome Browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-an-icon-on-desktop-in-windows-11/79ae5e41-fcbc-45d3-91af-a842eddcc1ea
  3. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  4. How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10

How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10: everytime i arrange my desktop windows decides to rearrange it How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-icons-in-place-on-the-desktop-win10/b7430678-706a-4de4-951c-6eb323f34aac
  5. Desktop icons switched places

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons switched places: so for some reason my desktop icons just switched places and now there is a vertical space on the bottom of my screen I can't pace anything in (and no it's not my taskbar ;) ). Ow and one more thing, the browser shortcuts like Spotify.com .... well fsr the icons just shrank...
  6. Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place

Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place: Why won't my desktop icons stay locked in place? They scramble when I restart my computer and I cannot find what I am looking for so I have to re-organize the Icons almost daily. I have followed Help tips for this issue by Microsoft and still doesn't fix problem. Thank...
  7. lock windows 10 desktop icons in place

lock windows 10 desktop icons in place: lock windows 10 desktop icons in place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-windows-10-desktop-icons-in-place/07d31507-3d80-409a-a4fd-72062bb74176
  8. Place icons on Windows 10 desktop

Place icons on Windows 10 desktop: I've just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am still adjusting to more complicated steps. How do I place an icon for Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my desktop. Right now I can only access them on the Taskbar. I'm not used to using the Taskbar for access?...
  9. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...
  10. How to lock desktop icons in place?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock desktop icons in place?: All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I have on my Windows 10 desktop is the Recycle Bin, but any time other icons or folders are placed there temporarily, it is...