Windows 10: Can Windows 10 Home record from multiple microphones simultaneously?

Discus and support Can Windows 10 Home record from multiple microphones simultaneously? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TLDR: can Windows 10 record from multiple microphones simultaneously? Full post: I have searched on this forum and the Internet, but have not found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sparky_McGuffin, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Can Windows 10 Home record from multiple microphones simultaneously?

TLDR: can Windows 10 record from multiple microphones simultaneously?

Full post: I have searched on this forum and the Internet, but have not found a clear answer to this questions: can Windows 10 record from multiple microphones simultaneously? Apologies if this is not the most appropriate place to post; kindly let me know if there might be a better subreddit for that.

I ask because I am making videos for online course delivery, and am hearing what seems to be feedback or fuzz in my recordings. My set-up is a Windows 10 (gaming) laptop with built-in microphone and camera. I don't use those inputs, though, to record videos. Instead, I either use a feature in Powerpoint to narrate each slide or I record my talking head using the software Camtasia Recorder and an external camera and its microphone. Finally, I sometimes also have been using my headset to record narration. Here is an example that incorporated both the PowerPoint narration approach and the external camera approach. The sound seems worse ca. 20:00 when I am screen recording Google Earth (and not natively in Powerpoint) and then again around 44:10 when I am using the external camera. FWIW, I then edited the three clips together in Camtasia Studio 8, and recognize that perhaps that is part of the sound problem.

Through trial and error it appears I might be capturing narration from two microphones at any one time. However, I am seeking confirmation that this is even possible on Windows 10 Home, as I have also seen some websites which suggest some (or all?) versions of Windows 10 can only handle one microphone at a time.

Additionally, if anyone could point me toward information about how to more easily switch between microphones, I would be very grateful. Having to manually turn off and on microphones in an attempt to get a clean sound is driving me crazy.

submitted by /u/Sparky_McGuffin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sparky_McGuffin, Sep 3, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Sep 3, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Can Windows 10 Home record from multiple microphones simultaneously?

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Can Windows 10 Home record from multiple microphones simultaneously?

1. Can Windows 10 Home record from multiple microphones simultaneously? - Similar Threads - Home record multiple

2. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  3. Windows 10 how to open multiple shortcuts simultaneously ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 how to open multiple shortcuts simultaneously ?: is it possible to open several shortcuts in File Explorer ?File Explorer allows selection of multiple shortcuts but only one is opened.I know Batch file can do but wish to avoid maintenance of scripting.There's 3rd party apps like following to do but not yet allowed in my...
  4. Windows 10 can now stream multiple Android apps simultaneously

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 can now stream multiple Android apps simultaneously: Last year, Windows 10 Your Phone app was updated with Android apps streaming for select Samsung phones and Microsoft is now adding support for multiple Android apps. This feature is also gradually rolling out and it could take a few days to be enabled for all devices. After...
  5. Windows 10 testers can now run multiple Android apps simultaneously

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 testers can now run multiple Android apps simultaneously: One of the Windows 10’s greatest utilities is its Your Phone app. Earlier this year, Microsoft pushed out an update to the Your Phone app with support for much-anticipated feature – Android apps streaming. This ‘streaming’ isn’t just about mirroring your mobile’s screen to...
  6. Recording from microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording from microphone: I am trying to record my screen to show how to fill out a form. I am needing to have my voice recorded at the same time. I have an external microphone plugged in. I use window alt R and make sure the microphone is on. However the first many attempts no audio recorded. My...
  7. Windows simultaneously in multiple languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows simultaneously in multiple languages: See screenshot below. Windows is currently set to English US in all places, including welcome screen, administrative, etc., but this happened on upgrade to Windows Pro 10. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 reading from multiple SOFTWARE reg hives simultaneously

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reading from multiple SOFTWARE reg hives simultaneously: I had an issue with a few startup programs that weren't starting at startup. Google back-up-and-sync and Dropbox. They were both marked as enabled in CCleaner. When opening the startup tab in windows 10 task manager, things got stranger. Google was listed but dropbox not. In...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 for multiple computers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 for multiple computers simultaneously: Hello guys, I'd like to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 for 2000 computers and the computers is not all the same. It's wasting time and take so much effort if I upgrade it one by one. So I want to upgrade it simultaneously. At least 100 computers a day would be great. I need...
  10. No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?: I notice that whenever I play more than one audio sources, only the sound of the last source played can be heard. All the others become muted. For instance, if I play a video or music using the Media Player and then play a YouTube video using the browser, only the sound...