Windows 10: Can Windows 10 interfere with text in a game mod???

Discus and support Can Windows 10 interfere with text in a game mod??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 3 years ago I installed Windows 10. Around the same time I lost all text in a mod I'd been previously running for about a year or more. I've done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zimmer1lb, Jul 23, 2019.

1. zimmer1lb Win User

Can Windows 10 interfere with text in a game mod???

About 3 years ago I installed Windows 10. Around the same time I lost all text in a mod I'd been previously running for about a year or more. I've done a lot of normal things relating to reinstalling the game and mod to running scannow and DISM. So for 3 years I've periodically installed updates for the mod hoping that somehow a glitch would be fixed. But given the timeline(s) involved I think there may be some kind of conflict not found as yet. Believe me, I've looked on the web for one. I'm out of options and I'm just a bit saavy on computers so go easy, OK?? Thank You.

:)

zimmer1lb, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  3. James_573 Win User
    Problem with .mod files on Windows 10

The article you suggest states that .MOD will work with various versions of Windows OS, but Windows 10 is not one of them. All other posts I can find has Microsoft suggesting I go find a third party (unverified) to download CODEC files to try and play my
    home videos with warnings and disclaimers that it may break my system or make it unstable.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Attempt to play a .MOD video file in Windows 10

2. Using Windows Live Movie Maker or Windows Media Player (does not seem to matter what version)

3. Immediate message that the 'program has stopped working and windows will notify me if a solution is found'.

If windows cannot fix this, then please suggest your top competitor that can.

Regretfully,

James

James_573, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Make sure to follow the text file that came in the folder of the mod

It's supposed run twice, the 1st time to uninstall the previous driver then the second time to install the modded driver

Jayce, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Can Windows 10 interfere with text in a game mod??? - Similar Threads - interfere text game

2. Trouble with mods for games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with mods for games: Hello, I'm having trouble with mods to games that I installed on my PC. They are not steam mods but I did install them correctly it used to work fine on my old pc, now I'm just able to start the launcher but once I press "launch game" the launcher just closes and that's it. I...
  3. Trouble with mods for games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with mods for games: Hello, I'm having trouble with mods to games that I installed on my PC. They are not steam mods but I did install them correctly it used to work fine on my old pc, now I'm just able to start the launcher but once I press "launch game" the launcher just closes and that's it. I...
  4. Gamebar interferes with cloud gaming session

Gamebar interferes with cloud gaming session: Hello, when playing a game with the new feature "cloud games" on windows 11, when you press "A" on your controller it pops this icon in the top left corner of the screen. Can someone please tell microsoft to fix this bug? That section of the gamebar should only be accessible...
  5. Mod Compatible Games for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mod Compatible Games for Windows 10: I was wondering if there is some sort of list that has all current games that are Mod Compatible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mod-compatible-games-for-windows-10/5b135766-1452-4243-96ff-07a444e5d7c1
  6. title and task bar interference in games

in Windows 10 Customization
    title and task bar interference in games: Recently Ive become obsessed with playing the game Sea of Thieves, when one day, whenever I flicked my mouse up or down it would pull up the title bar or task bar respectively. this often caused my cursor to stop functioning for a brief amount of time in game, and often even...
  7. Modding Windows store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modding Windows store games: Hi there. I would like to mod Metro last light redux from the windows store but there doesn't seem to be a way to mod it. It is the only game I use for Game Pass and I would like to get my money's worth. Thanks to anyone who responds....
  8. Modding Microsoft Store Games

Modding Microsoft Store Games: I installed Alien: Isolation from Xbox Gamepass for PC. I want to mod the game so the graphics are better and other stuff. But I can't, since it's in the locked WindowsApp folder. Yes, I tried giving myself access, but all I can do is look at the folder contents, I can't read...
  9. windows interference

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows interference: how to make windows stop interrupting me to tell me that my display settings have been changed. Is there some kind of "don't ask this question again button"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-interference/7ad6c7e8-84b4-42f3-a503-def3151f9b44
  10. Game mod wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mod wont turn on: As i have tried to get better FPS in my games i wanted to turn on game mode but i cant do it in the settings then i decided to try and play and do the shortcut i did but nothing happend except i couldnt move in the game my mouse appeared and nothing when my mouse came on the...