Windows 10: can windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) hdmi be used as a device monitor...

Discus and support can windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) hdmi be used as a device monitor... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can Windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) avr hdmi be used as a device monitor in lieu of a tv? want to access the setting, etc on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joesphlongine, Oct 15, 2019.

1. can windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) hdmi be used as a device monitor...

Can Windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) avr hdmi be used as a device monitor in lieu of a tv? want to access the setting, etc on the amplifier. thanks for any help.

:)

joesphlongine, Oct 15, 2019

2. Why doesn't Windows support an HDMI connection to an AVR?

Why, after all so many years of HDMI-interconnected devices and so many years of Windows updates that are supposed to improve the multimedia experience, is Windows unable to view a device connected to a video HDMI port as anything but a second monitor?
    Many of us now connect an AVR to that port, which leads to exasperating Windows behavior. Audio being directed to an AVR through HDMI gets turned off when the main monitor is blanked. Windows and desktop icons get moved to the phantom HDMI "monitor" and the
    screen resolution of the primary monitor is lost when the latter is disconnected for any reason. It would be extremely helpful if Windows at least had settings that allowed the user to specify that a specific monitor should always be used to display the desktop
    and individual power management settings for each video output. (I just found that there apparently is no Windows topic for "multimedia" in this forum. Why not?)

Loren Meck, Oct 15, 2019
  3. elpivo Win User
    Low sound when connected to amplifier through hdmi

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me.

I updated to windows 10 some months ago and realized my beats audio panel was gone. I few day back I re installed the High Definition Audio Device drivers and beats audio seems to came back.

I recently bought a denon amplifier and noticed very low sound when I connect the notebook to the amplifier through hdmi.
    Is the hdmi sending the wrong signal? are there any new drivers for hdmi controllers or realtek sound card?
    My laptop is a HP envy 17 j011nr (i think so) core i5 beats audio

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

elpivo, Oct 15, 2019
  4. can windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) hdmi be used as a device monitor...

Windows 10 Creators Update - after update Cast media to device doesn't work with Denon receiver

Ty for the response.

I did all the steps listed above and I'm still in the same spot -

The result of the DISM scan was: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Just to short cut some of the other things you might suggest,

• I deleted and re -added the Denon AVR-X3000 in the Bluetooth and other Devices pane -
    • I also went to the Device manager and checked the Denon AVR-X3000 for updated drivers and they were the most current version.
    • I also went to another Windows 10 machine that was not updated to the Creators version on the same internal home network and was able to Successfully discover and Cast media to my Denon AVR-X3000 (more specifically I opened YouTube.com selected a video
      in the Edge Browser and was able to Cast media to the Denon AVR-X3000 where it played normally - I did the same the audio only sound stream previously linked).
    I believe this shows that the Denon is operating properly and the problem rests with some setting in Windows that for some reason is blocking the use of the Denon as a cast to device or blocking Cast in general? Perhaps it's due to Miracast not supporting
    it? For example... does Miracast only support Video devices like TV sets and not pure audio receivers? Do you have any way of asking around to figure this out?

V. Maximillian, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

can windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) hdmi be used as a device monitor...

1. can windows 10 laptop hdmi to device(denon avr amplifier) hdmi be used as a device monitor... - Similar Threads - laptop hdmi device

2. Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.: I am having a problem trying to connect my laptop's screen to a monitor through HDMI. The monitor isn't detecting that there is an HDMI input. Any answers help, thanks....
  3. Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.: I am having a problem trying to connect my laptop's screen to a monitor through HDMI. The monitor isn't detecting that there is an HDMI input. Any answers help, thanks....
  4. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  5. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  6. HDMI device "Not Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI device "Not Plugged In": The HDMI software/driver for my laptop has suddenly stopped working. I've made sure to update Windows currently using 10 and all my drivers, but the when an HDMI is plugged in, the laptop doesn't even sense it, much less plug it in. I don't believe this is a hardware issue,...
  7. HDMI device "Not Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI device "Not Plugged In": The HDMI software/driver for my laptop has suddenly stopped working. I've made sure to update Windows currently using 10 and all my drivers, but the when an HDMI is plugged in, the laptop doesn't even sense it, much less plug it in. I don't believe this is a hardware issue,...
  8. HDMI device "Not Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Laptop to Denon avr

Laptop to Denon avr: I have a older toshiba laptop sattilite L670 running windows 10. Connected using hdmi. I am only getting stereo into the denon. When I go to the sound settings and specify 7.1 and ping the 8 speakers I only get sound coming from the l/r speakers in my system. Does this...
  10. SHOWING HDMI DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP

SHOWING HDMI DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. How can i show what is on my HDMI device? John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-hdmi-device-on-my-laptop/58b3e0d4-3883-4d09-a499-ba7d321b50b4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. denon avr windows 10

2. denon avr windows 10 driver