Windows 10: Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?

Discus and support Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home 2 years ago and afterwards upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store. The activation method is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A.Scott1, Dec 2, 2018.

1. A.Scott1 Win User

Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?

I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home 2 years ago and afterwards upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store. The activation method is a digital license. I recently bought a new PC, also with Windows 10 Home and a digital license. Can the Windows 10 Pro license be transferred to the new PC? And vice versa, can the new Windows Home license transferred to the old computer?

:)

A.Scott1, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2018
  3. transfer digital licenses between computers

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response.

It is indeed a digital license linked to my Microsoft account.

On the new hardware I am already signed in to MS account with Windows 10 Home... so how do I deactivate the PRO one so I can use the PRO license on the new one?

Cheers,

Mark.

fredphoesh, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?

How to I move Windows 10 Pro digital license from old computer to my new computer (100% new hardware)?

I have the windows 10 pro digital license linked to my old computer and associated with my Windows Account. I cannot deactivate a digital license from the old computer. I have not found any clear instructions on how to associate this digital license with
    the new computer from within my account online or from within the Activation section of settings. What is the solution?

StephenBosacker, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?

1. Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license? - Similar Threads - Pro moved computer

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.: Hello all,I am curious as to if and how I could go about transferring my Windows 10 Pro license to a newly built computer. The new computer currently has Windows 11 Home installed. I cannot find my former product key, but my activation settings on my Windows 10 PC read:...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.: Hello all,I am curious as to if and how I could go about transferring my Windows 10 Pro license to a newly built computer. The new computer currently has Windows 11 Home installed. I cannot find my former product key, but my activation settings on my Windows 10 PC read:...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer: I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license...
  6. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer: I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license...
  7. How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer: I have a digital license that was purchased retail. It was purchased separately from the computer. It did not come with the computer. It was upgraded for free from windows 7. I now have a new computer. How can I move my digital license to the new computer?...
  8. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  9. Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?

Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?: In the past few years I upgraded my laptop (Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Then I purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store online and I successfully upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 pro without product key attach. Can I get a product key or move my windows 10 pro license...
  10. Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop: Hi, I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded. When I buy a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free up win10 pro license for another pc