Windows 10: Can Windows 10 see ext3?

Discus and support Can Windows 10 see ext3? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm in the middle of restructuring my MoCA 2.0 network. For the sake of this post, I will only list partial list of my setup for two of the three rooms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JOSHSKORN, Oct 6, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Can Windows 10 see ext3?

I'm in the middle of restructuring my MoCA 2.0 network. For the sake of this post, I will only list partial list of my setup for two of the three rooms

Room 1:
    ONT> (Coax) G1100 Router> (Ethernet LAN to LAN) RT-AC87U>Seagate Backup Plus External Hard Drive (USB 3.0)

Room 2:
    ONT> (Coax) Actiontec Access Point > Hub (LAN to Ethernet port) > Chromecast with Google TV (USB Type-C)

Basically with any connected device on my network, whether if it's a Windows 10 PC, my Chromecast with Google TV, or an iPad, I want to be able to access the files (to include backup files, audio/video files for streaming throughout the house. These files will be on the aforementioned Seagate drive.

One problem that I found, was that not only does my router only currently support NTFS, FAT and HFS, but my Chromecast will only work with ext3, for larger files, which is what I would need. For the sake of the argument, I'm going to assume that cooked router firmware will allow me to format using other file formats.

That said: Will a Windows 10 PC be able to access the drive if I format it to ext3 or do I need to install an addon to make this work?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Can Windows 10 see ext3?

Delta6326, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Can Windows 10 see ext3?

1. Can Windows 10 see ext3? - Similar Threads - ext3

2. How to delete files from external EXT3 formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files from external EXT3 formatted drive?: Newbie question... I have an EXT3 formatted drive. Whilst using Linux Reader I can copy files from this drive to my desktop PC. All fine. Linux Reader, being a 'reader', obviously does not allow deleting files. Gave ext2fsd a try, but the delete option is greyed out for...
  3. Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows: Hi folks If you have any Linux formatted HDD's (with Ext2/3/4) file system and you want to read directly from Windows - say external USB from another system and don't want to have to set up SAMBA and a Linux OS then this program handles it quite nicely. BTW Macrium free...
  4. My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4: Hi hope this is the right place and someone can help. I had to convert my external hdd to ext3 ext4 in order to use with a zgemma box but I now want my hdd back to normal by formating it but my PC doesn't recognise it I done a long search on Google but no joy so I would...
  5. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...
  6. Windows 10 TO GO handles LINUX (EXT3/4) File system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 TO GO handles LINUX (EXT3/4) File system: Hi there I'm sure I haven't added any extra software - but Windows 10 TO GO version seems to handle READ and WRITE to a LINUX EXT3/4 File system. I know Linux can handle Windows file systems but this is the first time where I've seen WINDOWS handling a LINUX file system...