Windows 10: Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for?

Discus and support Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for? I would like to upgrade from 16GB if the OS can effectively use the additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JEFF_268, Sep 19, 2019.

1. JEFF_268 Win User

Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for?

Hi,

Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for? I would like to upgrade from 16GB if the OS can effectively use the additional memory. I have seen comments on the web but none from a credible source, thank you for your time. Jeff

:)

JEFF_268, Sep 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro x64 32gb ram installed but only 16gb usable

I just upgraded to a 500GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64. I have 32gb of ram. But windows 10 x64 is saying 16gb is usable. The UEFI motherboard bios sees the 32gb of ram. I did all the trouble shooting the motherboard manufacturer said to do, but
    still didn't fix my problem. Anyone else having this problem? If so can you please inform me on how to fix this problem?

alucke

AdrianLucke, Sep 19, 2019
  3. MN12BIRD Win User
    W7 x64 Pro and 32GB RAM

Okay I've built a system here with a Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 rev 1.3 with the latest BIOS, Core i7 2700K, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD and 32GB of G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz RAM.

Windows 7 x64 Professional is loaded on the SSD. Windows 7 boots up lightning fast with 16GB installed but when I load in all 32GB it takes literally 5 minutes to load into Windows 7. This is at the loading screen where the 4 colors come together to form the Windows logo.

So it's a RAM issues right? Well here's the kicker.

It doesn't always take 5 minutes. Apx 1 out of every 3 or 4 bootups it will load in apx a minute or less. It's about 5 seconds longer than with 16GB but still acceptable and from what I can see Windows is pre-loading more into RAM on startup (2GB with 32GB, 1.25GB with 16GB) so the 5 seconds seems acceptable. But most of the time it takes 5 minutes and that is not!

I ran Memtest86+ overnight with not a single error. This is at the profiled 1,600MHz, 10.10.10 timings and 1.5v as stated on the sticks. I've also tried manually setting the speeds, timings and voltages. I've tried 1,333 (the mobo also defaults to 1,333 if XMP profile is disabled) and I tried upping the voltage. But like I said it passed memtest86+ running all night so I don't think it's a memory issue as much as a Windows issue.

Also when it does take 5 minutes to load up I should mention it's perfectly fast and stable once it does load in. It just seems to hang up on something while loading up Windows.

Like I said the board has the latest BIOS and I can't really try different RAM since I don't have 4x 8GB sticks lying around *Wink Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for? ;)

Any tips would be great. I did search the issue and everyone else suggested it is a memory issue and suggested manually setting the clock speed, timings and voltage and like I said I did try that and it passed memtest86+ overnight on XMP profile so I don't believe it is a memory issue. Are there any other known software issues with Windows or Drivers and 32GB RAM?

PS it's not my PC it's a customer build. a customer who will never use or need 32GB of RAM but insisted on having it.... yeah. If it was mine I would just stick with 16GB as that would still be more than enough for me and it wouldn't be giving me any issues hahaha.

Thanks in advance guys

MN12BIRD, Sep 19, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

RAM Upgrade to 32GB, windows 10 won't start

1. Double check with your MB manual if the RAM is on the compatibily list
    2. Make sure all the RAM sticks are firmly seated
    3. Go into BIOS, under System Status and check for Total Physical RAM. Should be 32GB
    4. Most of the time, The RAM voltage is set to Auto, manually set the voltage according to the RAM Spec.
    5. If all fails, relax the RAM timing a little bit.

topgundcp, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for? - Similar Threads - x64 32GB RAM

2. Windows Push Notifications User Service using all 32GB of my RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Push Notifications User Service using all 32GB of my RAM.: A process by the name of svchost.exe 'Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service_[INSERT_NUMBERS_HERE]' is using up all my memory. Typically using at most 23% of my CPU.I need to force end task on Task Manager every time and it seems to appear randomly. Is this a...
  3. Windows Push Notifications User Service using all 32GB of my RAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Push Notifications User Service using all 32GB of my RAM.: A process by the name of svchost.exe 'Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service_[INSERT_NUMBERS_HERE]' is using up all my memory. Typically using at most 23% of my CPU.I need to force end task on Task Manager every time and it seems to appear randomly. Is this a...
  4. News and Interests searchapp.exe using 32GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    News and Interests searchapp.exe using 32GB of RAM: "News and Interests" SearchApp.exe using all 32GB of my RAM. Is this normal??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-searchappexe-using-32gb-of-ram/4288dd2f-444f-43cd-8e4b-b6aaaa85a397
  5. Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%: Hi I have recently upgraded to W11, at the same time I upgraded my 128GB SSD to a 500GB Samsung 980Pro SSD, as well as installing a second 16GB RAM card. I was expecting to see a significant speed increase, however my Pc has seemed to slow down.The 32GB RAM is working, shows...
  6. Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%: Hi I have recently upgraded to W11, at the same time I upgraded my 128GB SSD to a 500GB Samsung 980Pro SSD, as well as installing a second 16GB RAM card. I was expecting to see a significant speed increase, however my Pc has seemed to slow down.The 32GB RAM is working, shows...
  7. 32gb ram 16gb usable windows 10 home x64

in Windows 10 Customization
    32gb ram 16gb usable windows 10 home x64: Hi i installed 32Gb ram but it say 16 unusable i try everything Bios Msconfig in-boot-advance option max memory tick but it still say unusable any help plz[ATTACH]...
  8. 32GB PC no space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32GB PC no space: I bought my daughter a 32 GB HP Stream. I updated windows and it used up all the disk space I tried a reset but even that needs space Anything I can do? Is there a smaller OS? Windows 7, Linux? Thank you Peter *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc: Hi, I purchased a win10 mini pc with 32gb and activated it yesterday. after the activation I had ~15gb free space. Few minutes after I activated the OS, I enabled the windows update. Today, after installing the updates, I see that I have only 3gb of free space. I'll...
  10. New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 PC - 32gb RAM BSOD: So my windows 10 pc is only a few days old and when it is under any sort of load (rendering video) it gets a BSOD saying Memory Management. 32gb RAM - 4 x 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 2133mhz 52131