Windows 10: Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?

Discus and support Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Are Windows 7 Backup/Restore and File History intended to coexist or are they mutually exclusive? 125466 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mfaklis, Jan 17, 2019.

1. mfaklis Win User

Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?

Are Windows 7 Backup/Restore and File History intended to coexist or are they mutually exclusive?

:)

mfaklis, Jan 17, 2019

2. File History backups

Hi William,

To help you with your File History backups issue, we suggest running the
    System File Checker
    with the steps found on this
    thread

Update us on the results.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?

File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

• Press Windows key+I.

• Click on Update and security.

• On the left pane, click on backup and select on under automatically back up my files.

• Click on more option under on button.

• Select every hour (default) under back up my files.

• Select forever (default) under keep my files.

Also refer the link below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

Also work in Windows 10

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?

1. Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist? - Similar Threads - Backup File History

2. Windows backup using File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup using File History: The backup function does not appear to be working as it should. As can be seen in the screen shot, the last backup was on May 8th and today is May 19th. The utility is set to backup daily and keep files for one month. Question: Why is it not backing up daily? [ATTACH] I...
  3. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: I use File History in Win 10 to back up my files to a 500GB WD My Passport portable hard drive. I also use WD SmartWare installed from the WD drive to back up my files. This seems redundant and maybe overkill. Is it safe to rely solely on File History which would allow...
  4. Backup files that Windows creates with file history

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files that Windows creates with file history: Does anyone know where I can see the created Backup files that Windows creates with the file history function?? I defined my file history to backup to NAS, but I can't find the files there and also found no function to see the used share in the settings... *Think 127246
  5. Problem with file history backup

Problem with file history backup: I cannot change the drive for FILE HISTORY. I have been able to remove the old drive but although the drive I want is listed, clicking it has no effect. Is FILE HISTORY of much use anyway? I have not bothered with it before, and when I look at what has been saved it seems...
  6. windows 10 file history backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 file history backup: will windows 10 File History backup copy program or app files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-history-backup/308458e8-34a9-403c-86e6-7b3049c8b24c"
  7. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"
  8. Window 10 backup (File History)

Window 10 backup (File History): I am backing up my data on an external drive, 74,5 GB. I did change the folders I wanted to be backed up, and the file explorer shows about 38 GB free space, but the Backup options of the settings shows the size of the backup as 74,8 GB and the total space on the drive as...
  9. File History Backup Options

File History Backup Options: Hi, I have a two part question. First, I turned on File History the first of the month, set the 'Back up my files' to daily and it now reports that the last backup was on 5/9/2016, about a week after I set it up, and viewing the data seems to support that, nothing dated...
  10. Use File History or Win 7 Backup & Restore?

Use File History or Win 7 Backup & Restore?: I've been using Backup & Restore on some Win 7 systems but now I have added a new Win 10 PC (from HP). It's not entirely clear to me why I would use the Win 10 File History facility versus Win 7 Backup & Restore. File History looks like a partial backup. I'd prefer a full...