Windows 10: Can Windows 7 be activated by the key that has activated Windows 10?

Discus and support Can Windows 7 be activated by the key that has activated Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I use guest Windows 10 in VirtualBox on host Linux. Windows 10 has already been activated by a valid Windows 7 product key. Assuming that I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matthew Wai, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Can Windows 7 be activated by the key that has activated Windows 10?

I use guest Windows 10 in VirtualBox on host Linux. Windows 10 has already been activated by a valid Windows 7 product key. Assuming that I will install guest Windows 7 in the same VirtualBox on the same motherboard, can Windows 7 be activated by the same product key?

:)

Matthew Wai, Feb 7, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Can Windows 7 be activated by the key that has activated Windows 10?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Can Windows 7 be activated by the key that has activated Windows 10?

1. Can Windows 7 be activated by the key that has activated Windows 10? - Similar Threads - activated key has

2. Windows 10 activation not working with windows 7 keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 activation not working with windows 7 keys: Hello,We are an NGO that started its operation 3 years ago. We are refurbishing IT material and offering it for free for people in need here in brussels, Belgium.www.linkupasbl.be we have a big stock of desktop computers that we cleaned up and erased with an erasure...
  3. Windows 10 activation not working with windows 7 keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation not working with windows 7 keys: Hello,We are an NGO that started its operation 3 years ago. We are refurbishing IT material and offering it for free for people in need here in brussels, Belgium.www.linkupasbl.be we have a big stock of desktop computers that we cleaned up and erased with an erasure...
  4. Can install & activate windows 10 use windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can install & activate windows 10 use windows 7 key?: Hello.Can install & activate windows 10 pro use windows 7 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-install-activate-windows-10-use-windows-7-key/2dc779b9-7f7f-42e7-8850-572a9a17230f
  5. Can install & activate windows 10 use windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can install & activate windows 10 use windows 7 key?: Hello.Can install & activate windows 10 pro use windows 7 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-install-activate-windows-10-use-windows-7-key/2dc779b9-7f7f-42e7-8850-572a9a17230f
  6. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  7. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  8. Can you activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 Product Key?

Can you activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 Product Key?: I know it is a silly question to ask, but can I do that? Because I have an old PC from 2009 with Windows 7 and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10....
  9. can i activate windows 10 with windows 7 activation key?

can i activate windows 10 with windows 7 activation key?: i tried to contact support but the terrible chat bot didn't even help i wanted to contact a real person online but i couldn't so i came here to ask the question, can i activate windows 10 with windows 7 activation key?...
  10. Won't activate Windows 10, but will activate Windows 7, same key.

Won't activate Windows 10, but will activate Windows 7, same key.: I clean installed Windows 10 Pro x64 in VMware and used a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 key to try to active it. No go. However, Installing windows 7 Ultimate x64 in hyper-v, the same key activates win 7. Any ideas? 29249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can a windows install be invalidated after it is alreade y activated