Windows 10: Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook

Discus and support Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What was slow? boot? shutdown? browsers? What steps were made to tune up the computer? Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zbook, Apr 4, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook

What was slow?
    boot?
    shutdown?
    browsers?
    What steps were made to tune up the computer?

Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section: Update the desktop and add the notebook)

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)
    https://www.tenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
  2. lindum Win User

I bought an Asus Notebook about 18 months ago with Windows 10 OS. It was really slow no matter what I did. So now its not under warranty any more, can I change the operating system to Windows 7 as this OS is currently on my HP Desktop computer and works flawlessly.

If this is OK to do whats the best way to install 7 over 10 (I bet its not a straight forward job).

I have a Win 7 original disc.

Thanks.

:)

lindum, Apr 27, 2018
  3. EricR59 Win User
    ASUS LIVE UPDATER

To anyone out there with this problem on their ASUS notebook after upgrading to windows 10 or after doing a complete install of windows 10. I found ASUS support no real help. So I just decided to take a chance on just looking up one of ASUS notebooks that
    has, windows 10 ASUS live update and installed it and it seems to be working correctly. My ASUS is x401a, 2013

EricR59, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook

how to install wifi in windows10 for asus N90Sc

How can i install a wifi-connection in Windows 10 for an Asus notebook N90Sc?

hcmgdejong, Apr 27, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    What's the make/model of your Asus notebook?

The best way is a clean install.....which consists of formatting the HDD (wiping it clean of all data) then install windows 7.

First you'll need to check to see if your laptop manufacturer has drivers for it. Next you need a windows 7 OS disc and a product key....and I see you have the disc. Do you have a product key for it?

Plankton, Apr 27, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Depending on the size of the hard drive, you can also shrink the existing partition(s) to make room for a partition to install Windows 7 to and keep your current Windows 10. I have found Windows 10 to always be faster than Windows 7 - and the lower the hardware specs on the computer, the greater the improvement over Windows 7, in my observations.

NavyLCDR, Apr 27, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    I've found the largest restriction in downgrading a computer to be whether the manufacturer/OEM has drivers for the older OS/Operating System. Newer hardware will always be an issue in such circumstances, sometimes using Win7 or Win8/8.1 drivers will work but it's hit or miss. Win7 doesn't seem to contain as many built-in drivers as Win10.

Berton, Apr 27, 2018
  8. SIW2 Win User

9. lindum Win User
    So many replies

Thanks a lot for your help. Now I know it can be done I'll pop along to my local repair guy and ask him to do it for me.

Thanks again.

lindum, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook - Similar Threads - installed Asus Notebook

2. Need to install Windows 10 on a notebook operating on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to install Windows 10 on a notebook operating on Windows 7: Hi, I bought a Fujitsu web/notebook some years back and it was sold with a pre-installed Windows 7 operating system.The computer is still very good to use, and I would like to continue with it as a travel computer, so I now want to know how to install a Windows 10 OS to it...
  3. Need to install Windows 10 on a notebook operating on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to install Windows 10 on a notebook operating on Windows 7: Hi, I bought a Fujitsu web/notebook some years back and it was sold with a pre-installed Windows 7 operating system.The computer is still very good to use, and I would like to continue with it as a travel computer, so I now want to know how to install a Windows 10 OS to it...
  4. Need to install Windows 10 on a notebook operating on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I install Windows 10 X86 on Asus Fonepad 7 K012 tablet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install Windows 10 X86 on Asus Fonepad 7 K012 tablet?: Hello! I just found Asus Fonepad 7 K012 tablet running android 5 but I want to use windows 10 on touch machine. If yes, what version of windows 10 can it run? Machine configuration is Intel Atom CPU Z2520, 1GB Ram and 8GB Rom. Thank!...
  6. Can I install Windows 10 X86 on Asus Fonepad 7 K012 tablet?

Can I install Windows 10 X86 on Asus Fonepad 7 K012 tablet?: Hello! I just found Asus Fonepad 7 K012 tablet running android 5 but I want to use windows 10 on touch machine. If yes, what version of windows 10 can it run? Machine configuration is Intel Atom CPU Z2520, 1GB Ram and 8GB Rom. Thank!...
  7. ASUS WINDOWS 8 NOTEBOOK PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS WINDOWS 8 NOTEBOOK PC: STUCK IN BIOS WITH PASSWORD SIGN IN, HOW DO I GET OUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-windows-8-notebook-pc/11b7dea3-c2cc-403d-9945-739eba266958
  8. Asus Notebook stuck in a loop after aborting Windows 10 instalation

Asus Notebook stuck in a loop after aborting Windows 10 instalation: Hi guys, Hi have an Asus Notebook which has been running on Windows 10 for a few years now. I have noticed that every time a new update on Windows 10 is available my computer starts getting the blue screen of death and so I have decided to delay Windows 10 updates for a...
  9. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.: Hello can anyone please advise me how to download windows 10 on a asus notebook it keeps advising there is not enough disk space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-on-asus-notebook-please/215d03a2-1b2f-43b7-9ff6-012d53c95af8
  10. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.: Hello can anyone please advise me how to download windows 10 on a asus notebook it keeps advising there is not enough disk space....