Windows 10: Can Windows be responsable for this? Or BSOD related to bcd? Both 8gb ram were tested, they...

Discus and support Can Windows be responsable for this? Or BSOD related to bcd? Both 8gb ram were tested, they... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gc7fna/can_windows_be_responsable_for_this_or_bsod/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lolpo555, May 2, 2020.

1. Can Windows be responsable for this? Or BSOD related to bcd? Both 8gb ram were tested, they...

/u/Lolpo555, May 2, 2020
  2. link626 Win User

memory_management bsod. Does memtest86 v7.4 test onboard ram?

I just got my 2nd memory_mgmt bsod in 2 months.
    My laptop has 8gb soldered ram on motherboard, and 8gb stick ram. 16gb total.
    memtest detects 16gb ram, but only lists the Samsung 8gb ram stick under system info.
    Even though memtest doesn't identify the onboard ram chips, does it still test them?

Attachment 147239

link626, May 2, 2020
  3. DaveR Win User
    B2 Phenom + 8GB ram = BSOD

Just and Update to this, Stricly speaking my Mother Board only lists support for 4Gb Ram its a Jetway NC 81 ( JNC-81 ) It takes notebook memory in the shape of 2 x SODIM sticks. But it does appear to see 4GB sodimms OK.

It has a Phenom 9350e quad proc:

running XP 64 1x 4GB stick and a 1x 2GB (6GB total) stick runs fine
    running XP 64 2x 4GB stick (8GB total) Intermittant fail with BSOD

Memtest+ with 2x 4GB runs absolutley fine

running Windows 7 Beta 64 2x 4GB stick (8GB total) runs fine

I tried tweaking the VDIMM and NB as suggested and it made no difference, What i have tried is a beta version of Windows 7 and that runs absolutley fine with the full 8GB.

I know the MB doesn't officially support 8GB but i woudln't be at all suprised if that was mainly due to 4gb SODIMS only recently becomming available.

The upshot is that if it runs ok with Windows 7 then its not likely a CPU issue.

Seems to be more an XP thing? If anyone has any thoughts as to why XP won't run in this combination i'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Dave

DaveR, May 2, 2020
  4. prashii Win User

Can Windows be responsable for this? Or BSOD related to bcd? Both 8gb ram were tested, they...

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Can Windows be responsable for this? Or BSOD related to bcd? Both 8gb ram were tested, they...

1. Can Windows be responsable for this? Or BSOD related to bcd? Both 8gb ram were tested, they... - Similar Threads - responsable BSOD related

2. Can my processor handle 8GB of RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my processor handle 8GB of RAM.: Hello! I am running an Intel Celeron N4100 on my laptop, currently I have 4GB of RAM.I was wondering if upgrading my RAM from 4GB to 8GB is OK for my processor.Thank you very much!...
  3. Can my processor handle 8GB of RAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can my processor handle 8GB of RAM.: Hello! I am running an Intel Celeron N4100 on my laptop, currently I have 4GB of RAM.I was wondering if upgrading my RAM from 4GB to 8GB is OK for my processor.Thank you very much!...
  4. Ram Related Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Related Bsod: i recently built a pc and i am hitting bsod when starting games and sometimes randomly with this stop codes: attempted to write to readonly memory, Memory management, special pool detected memory corruption, System Service Exeption, irql not less or equal, critical process...
  5. Ram Related Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram Related Bsod: i recently built a pc and i am hitting bsod when starting games and sometimes randomly with this stop codes: attempted to write to readonly memory, Memory management, special pool detected memory corruption, System Service Exeption, irql not less or equal, critical process...
  6. Ram Related Bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SSD or RAM Maybe both related BSOD's

SSD or RAM Maybe both related BSOD's: My computer is pre-built. I had it for exactly a year now A few months ago around before October, my windows boot was corrupt, I couldn't even go to windows repair mode, this problem was fixed with me getting a proper boot media, which both before and after, my boot was on my...
  8. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

8gb ram can only be used for 4?: Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help Hab 4x2GB from Samsung 8gb ram kann aber nur 4nutzen?
  9. BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes

BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm french. I post here because i think this is the only forum can help me... My situation : I have a configuration with 16Gb of RAM but I have some BSOD with 16Gb when i play games or when i watch videos on netflix or youtube or simply when i...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075