Windows 10: Can windows bluetooth keep a bluetooth speaker from timing out due to inactivity.

Discus and support Can windows bluetooth keep a bluetooth speaker from timing out due to inactivity. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Howdy All! Firstly and MOST IMPORTANTLY my speaker is a Phillips BT6000, it has a 15min inactivity shutdown built in to the device. It is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daskwurl, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Daskwurl Win User

Can windows bluetooth keep a bluetooth speaker from timing out due to inactivity.

Howdy All!

Firstly and MOST IMPORTANTLY my speaker is a Phillips BT6000, it has a 15min inactivity shutdown built in to the device.

It is connected via BT to my pc and i've today discovered it works really well for teams calls.

Except for when i leave it for ~15mins, then have to turn it on and off again.

I'm wondering if there is a feature in windows that could send a keepalive signal to the speaker every 5-10mins to stop it from thinking it's inactive. Thereby keeping it on permenantly, avail for calls.

I've checked the user manual, i mean... it's a user manual, there's very little info in there, definitely nothing useful for this issue.
    The actual manufacturer has gone bankrupt so no chance of hitting them up for help. :/

Everytime i try to search the internet for this, it seems the answer is re-install your BT driver or modify power management.

Unfortunately not relevant to me as this is a hardware timeout not Windows driver / settings / power saving thing.

So here i am, lost and looking to the wise, learned and VERY sexy ;P community for help!

Thanks in advance

:)

Daskwurl, Mar 5, 2021
  2. harly Win User

How to turn a PC to a Bluetooth Speaker

With a Bluetooth-enabled Windows computer and Bluetooth-enabled device, you will be able to play music from your external device on your PC. With Windows, you can get files which might be stored over a Bluetooth tool and play those files. In this way you're using your personal machine like a Bluetooth speaker. This is useful for those who have a mobile phone that has built-in Bluetooth also it stores MP3s onto it. Whilst you might be able to play your MP3s in your phone, your pc and its speakers are occasionally far louder.

But how to achieve that?

harly, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Plankton Win User
    Bluetooth Speakers

Is the PC in question the one listed under "My Computer" ? If so just check your mobo manual to see if it has bluetooth. Why not just use some regular PC speaker system?

If your mobo doesn't support bluetooth, all you would need is a bluetooth dongle (usb adapter).

Plankton, Mar 5, 2021
  4. michael Win User

Can windows bluetooth keep a bluetooth speaker from timing out due to inactivity.

Please suggest me Bluetooth Speakers for Samsung 40F7500 Smart TV.

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me Bluetooth Speakers for Samsung 40F7500 Smart TV.

Thanks,

michael, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Can windows bluetooth keep a bluetooth speaker from timing out due to inactivity. - Similar Threads - bluetooth keep bluetooth

2. Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker: The bluetooth speaker works with my phone I am using Dell laptop Inspiron 5570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-connected-but-the-sound-is-not-coming/efdeab6c-fa91-4be7-9709-41de3c7fb372
  3. Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker: The bluetooth speaker works with my phone I am using Dell laptop Inspiron 5570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-connected-but-the-sound-is-not-coming/efdeab6c-fa91-4be7-9709-41de3c7fb372
  4. Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker: The speaker works with my phone, how can i set the speaker as sound output when connected to the Dell laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-connected-but-the-sound-is-not-coming/8ed1e1aa-24d8-4b80-beea-00cf5f2ea28e
  6. Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker: The speaker works with my phone, how can i set the speaker as sound output when connected to the Dell laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-connected-but-the-sound-is-not-coming/8ed1e1aa-24d8-4b80-beea-00cf5f2ea28e
  7. Bluetooth is connected but the sound is not coming out from the speaker

8. Bluetooth speakers - need way to keep from disconnecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth speakers - need way to keep from disconnecting: I have an Energy BTS speaker system connected to Windows 10 Home 64 bit build 18362.778 via Bluetooth. After I manually pair it to my laptop Dell 5000 series laptop it works fine. But when there's no sound going to it, it will disconnect from my laptop after a few minutes...
  9. No sound from Bluetooth speakers

No sound from Bluetooth speakers: I have recently updated my system from 1803. To 1903 , however this version too is full of bugs(like 1809). I have got Philips BT50 Bluetooth speakers. When I tried to connect it in 1903, it gets connected, however no sound came from it. Methods tried: 1 reinstall the...
  10. Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time

Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time: Hello, I am currently working on a homemade project in my free time called Project Surround. I am trying to get a full surround sound setup in my room. I have 2 wired speakers in the front and a Bluetooth speaker in the back. The problem is I need both the wired and...