Windows 10: Can Windows Defender Offline detect and remove BIOS/UEFI viruses?

Discus and support Can Windows Defender Offline detect and remove BIOS/UEFI viruses? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is Windows Defender in Offline mode able to scan the BIOS chip, and find BIOS viruses and remove them?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Val So, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Val So Win User

Can Windows Defender Offline detect and remove BIOS/UEFI viruses?

Is Windows Defender in Offline mode able to scan the BIOS chip, and find BIOS viruses and remove them?

:)

Val So, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Whick Win User

Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Jun 30, 2022
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

no problem, glad to be a help. One thing: next time, if Defender detects a virus or viruses, first click on remove then do the steps I provided. After doing the steps and going to protection history in Defender, you will notice that it is blank.

PaulPChou, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Can Windows Defender Offline detect and remove BIOS/UEFI viruses?

Windows Defender could not catch and detect viruses

windows defender could not catch and detect viruses.

what can I do

daliamohommed, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Can Windows Defender Offline detect and remove BIOS/UEFI viruses?

1. Can Windows Defender Offline detect and remove BIOS/UEFI viruses? - Similar Threads - Defender Offline detect

2. How to remove detected virus with windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove detected virus with windows defender: My window defender found a virus and i pressed start action but nothing happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-detected-virus-with-windows-defender/23aca2dc-054b-47fa-b64c-7a74de41809c
  3. How to remove detected virus with windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove detected virus with windows defender: My window defender found a virus and i pressed start action but nothing happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-detected-virus-with-windows-defender/23aca2dc-054b-47fa-b64c-7a74de41809c
  4. Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with AMD Ryzen 5, it's only one year and 3 days old. In April, Lenovo released a security advisory stating that their devices had 3 bios or UEFI related vulnerabilities, that allowed a virus to rewrite the SPI and deactivate the UEFI among other...
  5. Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with AMD Ryzen 5, it's only one year and 3 days old. In April, Lenovo released a security advisory stating that their devices had 3 bios or UEFI related vulnerabilities, that allowed a virus to rewrite the SPI and deactivate the UEFI among other...
  6. Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  8. Virus Detected by Windows Defender

Virus Detected by Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same virus detected by my windows defender was detected 50 minutes ago. I don't own any of the apps you have installed that might have caused it but that happened to me. I own a Surface Pro 6, i don't know what to do so please help me....
  9. Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader

Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader: Hey, My windows defender has started detecting a virus named 'Trojandownloader:JS/Fakepack' since yesterday. And its detecting every time I turn on to my laptop. So I just started a full scan for my system. All the files were scanned in a duration of 1 hour but 3 files were...
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"