Windows 10: Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked

Discus and support Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to install a few programs on my PC that may take time and since i don't trust my fellow ousemates not to mess with my pc im wondering if i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bejalox, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked

I want to install a few programs on my PC that may take time and since i don't trust my fellow ousemates not to mess with my pc im wondering if i can do it while the user is still locked

submitted by /u/Bejalox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bejalox, Oct 23, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Computer locks when installing things

When I install or uninstall games and programs and such, the computer locks itself and I must do a hard reset to get going again. I've tried some games, some programs and it's all the same. An empty window is opened and then everything locks up.

It started when I installed Battlefield Heroes, but now it's gone from the system and I've done some registry repairs and the problem is still there. I have no idea what to do now.

Thanks for looking! *Smile Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked :)

Frick, Oct 23, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked

1. Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked - Similar Threads - install programs while

2. Restricting Discord to a User - User can re-install program after being deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restricting Discord to a User - User can re-install program after being deleted: I need to stop allowing Discord to load/run on a User account I am the family admin. The User though can delete Discord and reinstall after. How can I prevent this? I thought Users were locked from making changes....
  3. Restricting Discord to a User - User can re-install program after being deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restricting Discord to a User - User can re-install program after being deleted: I need to stop allowing Discord to load/run on a User account I am the family admin. The User though can delete Discord and reinstall after. How can I prevent this? I thought Users were locked from making changes....
  4. All user on computer locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All user on computer locked: All user on computer locked.Please suggest how do unlock admin user.Please Reply with Resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-user-on-computer-locked/33f7cc8d-05e3-43fd-8168-bafbdf6de59c
  5. How to install programs on a standard user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install programs on a standard user?: I was always using admin account but I've heard that it's not a recommended way to use system for security reasons. So I did a fresh Windows 10 install and created an additional standard user. And I encounter many problems: Some programs that I install on a standard user,...
  6. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  7. Installing Programs with Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Programs with Multiple Users: If I have 2 users in windows 10 (one is an admin account signed into a Microsoft account, one is a local account without admin privileges) will I have to download programs like discord twice, once on each user? And will it keep one account logged in on one user and a...
  8. computer locks while i'm using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...
  9. "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.: Hello, I have computers that are apart of a domain. Some of the computers on the domain are not displaying "Other User" when the auto lock enables or if the user locks the computer with WIN+L. Would someone be able to tell me what group policy it is that controls whether...
  10. Can Microsoft lock computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Microsoft lock computer: yesterday my computer was locked down saying Microsoft would turn my computer off if l did not ring this 02039663432 have checked number no answer my screen blocked says if l turn or remove they will turn it off. ERROR 26D3 spywhere virus....