Windows 10: Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents?

Discus and support Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to search for example a specific text inside one of my excel documents from my Windows Search? Like if I enter a text in search it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slim97Shady, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents?

Is it possible to search for example a specific text inside one of my excel documents from my Windows Search?

Like if I enter a text in search it will show an excel document that has that text inside one of Excell cells.

submitted by /u/Slim97Shady
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slim97Shady, Jan 28, 2021

2. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 28, 2021
  3. document search in microsoft office is not working

Hi Ladonna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• When you say ‘’ type a keyword into the search bar on the upper right’’ where exactly are you searching the document on the outlook or Windows search bar?

• Are you facing this issue while searching for other files other than office documents as well?
    Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 28, 2021
  4. lx07 Win User

Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents?

document search

I too rely on searching for text snippets within pdf documents. Before Windows 8 you needed to install an extension (called an iFilter) to do this - I used the Adobe and then (at the time faster) Foxit filters to search for text strings in pdf.

In Windows 8 or 10 there is no need for these old programs any more - just make sure the "Index Properties and File Contents" is selected and use the default Reader Search Handler.

Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents? [​IMG]

It works perfectly well.

Thema:

Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents?

1. Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents? - Similar Threads - Search search content

2. Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions: Been looking for this for several days.I have a couple of file extensions that Window's search is not searching contents for? .kjb and .kjrIf I change the extention to .txt if finds it based on the contents of the file. I even went so far as to make a copy and change the...
  3. Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions: Been looking for this for several days.I have a couple of file extensions that Window's search is not searching contents for? .kjb and .kjrIf I change the extention to .txt if finds it based on the contents of the file. I even went so far as to make a copy and change the...
  4. Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search for documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for documents: I have an SSD drive C: for storage of programs and an HDD drive D: for data. In Windows 11, how do I designate the HDD drive as the drive to search when I want to search for data?...
  6. Search for documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search for documents: In Windows 7, I used to be able to type in the name of a person, or other word that may be contained in a document in the search bar, and it would find that document. Now, it won't find the document unless I type the name I saved it as. Sometimes I don't remember how I saved...
  7. Document search

in Cortana
    Document search: When I conduct a search of my Documents file, the only results I get are for pdf documents. How do I expand the search to include all types of Documents? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-search/67ae9cb6-0f9c-4af7-8fc8-17e52810d4bb
  8. Document Searches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document Searches: Yesterday I installed Windows 10 I an trying to search a large document folder for a specific visio file .vsd. So I opened File Explorer and selected the document folder. According to many solutions I have read, when I hover my cursor in the "Seach Documents Cell" to the...
  9. Search Documents

in Cortana
    Search Documents: How can I remove an item from a Search Results list in Documents without deleting the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-documents/c1ae5071-1def-4720-b441-57f576a623fc"
  10. document search

in Windows 10 Support
    document search: I looked for previous posts on this subject, but they're old. I tried the suggestions in those posts, however, but they didn't help. Sometimes the search box in windows explorer will find a document containing a word. Sometimes it won't, even when I know the document I'm...