Windows 10: can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd?

Discus and support can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomdoc, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Thomdoc Win User

can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd?

Can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd?

:)

Thomdoc, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Install on M.2 SSD

I've tried to install this update but with no luck.

I think that it's the M.2 SSD that won't let windows update install itself. I tried so many times I lost count...

Here is my config (at least what is important for this problem):

C Drive: Samsung MZHPV128HDGM-00000 (SM951 M.2 SSD)

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI

RAM: 16GB (4*4GB) of HyperX CL9 (but I doubt that this could be the problem)

I had the M.2 SSD in an expansion card and I managed to put it in the other GPU-Slot - which I didn't use - but for the time being I tried to place the M.2 SSD in the M.2 SSd slot on the MB.

Till now nothing I've tried worked... so I would appreciate a little help here what to do.

I am constantly getting: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error code (yes I googled it how to fix it but still nothing).

I hope there is everything You need. If I missed something then please remind me! can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd? :)

Thank You in advance!

BálintCsertán, Apr 30, 2019
  4. can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd?

dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd?

1. can windows ten be installed on an M.2 ssd? - Similar Threads - ten installed ssd

2. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  3. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  4. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  5. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  6. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  8. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  9. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...