Windows 10: Can windows updates be blocked until wanted?

Discus and support Can windows updates be blocked until wanted? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there a way to block windows updates until wanted? 86430 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by margrave55, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Can windows updates be blocked until wanted?

Is there a way to block windows updates until wanted?

:)

margrave55, Jun 9, 2017

2. Crashes persist after clean install and disk checks :-(

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1709, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

When you downgrade, you can block it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update version 1709...Blackscreen after restart

Block the upgrade when it tries to install:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1709, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Can windows updates be blocked until wanted?

1. Can windows updates be blocked until wanted? - Similar Threads - updates blocked until

2. Update KB5022729 - Can it be blocked from installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5022729 - Can it be blocked from installing?: I'm using Windows 10. After the installation error occurs with this update my computer bogs down and the hard drive becomes extremely balky. I've managed to clear the update with a couple of the fixes described in various places. The problem is that the next time the computer...
  3. Update KB5022729 - Can it be blocked from installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5022729 - Can it be blocked from installing?: I'm using Windows 10. After the installation error occurs with this update my computer bogs down and the hard drive becomes extremely balky. I've managed to clear the update with a couple of the fixes described in various places. The problem is that the next time the computer...
  4. Update KB5022729 - Can it be blocked from installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Mid Update Until...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Mid Update Until...: Hi hello! So, my PC was mid update, this happened last night. I was right about to go to sleep as the auto update happened at 2am at night and right as the update started, the power in my area went out for miltiple hours. I get back on my PC tonight and unannounced to me...
  6. Windows 10 can not block Ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can not block Ads: Infected with Ads that I can not block with ad blockers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-can-not-block-ads/0261be90-870b-4127-88f0-f9fdf9b18103
  7. block windows update

block windows update: The following Intel update SCSI 17.5.3.1026 is causing major boot up problems. I had to do a system point restore to get my computer back to working condition. From the blog,s I've read, it seems to be a problem with RST and BIOS not in sync. I spoke with Dell about this...
  8. How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?: It's been asked again and again, and every time the discussion gets locked with no proper response. So many of us are still on slow connections, capped data, or have other data limitations, yet we still have no option to schedule a time for update downloads to take place...
  9. How can I block the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 release? I don’t want to...

How can I block the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 release? I don’t want to...: I am not interested or ready to upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I want to stick with my version a little longer. Is there way for me to block this upgrade ensure that it does not install?...
  10. Windows update, not wanted

Windows update, not wanted: Hi Guys. Having disabled the windows icon till a future time, I need to get rid of this update, I think it's stopping the windows 7 updates, thanks in advance . [img] 15066