Windows 10: Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

Discus and support Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Using Win 10 on Dell desktop PC Is there a way for documents in Microsoft WordPad and other word processors to be saved to my desktop directly rather... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fdm2000, Aug 28, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

Using Win 10 on Dell desktop PC
    Is there a way for documents in Microsoft WordPad and other word processors to be saved to my desktop directly rather than the default which is to Documents?

:)

fdm2000, Aug 28, 2020
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Recovering corrupt word documents

The one and only solution for your corrupted word documents is Kernel for Word repair software.

NehwalSaina, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

1. Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder - Similar Threads - word processor documents

2. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Documents And Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents And Desktop folders: Hi,My friend helped me to build a pc recently and I have had a problem where my documents and desktop folders are merged into one. Would really appreciate any ways of suggestions for fixing.Thanks...
  7. Documents And Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents And Desktop folders: Hi,My friend helped me to build a pc recently and I have had a problem where my documents and desktop folders are merged into one. Would really appreciate any ways of suggestions for fixing.Thanks...
  8. Documents And Desktop folders

9. Documents folder to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder to desktop: W10, home version. I don't know why, but my Documents folder has disappeared from the desktop but is still available in the Start menu. How can I move it back to the desktop? Thanks for any replies. 124788
  10. can not open word document

can not open word document: I just upgraded office 2007 to office 2016. On all of my fils that I made with my older version can be opened with 2016. But if I create a new document with Word 2016 and save it, when I try to open it a message pops up telling me that this is valid only with installed...