Windows 10: Can WU automatically install updates by itself ?

Discus and support Can WU automatically install updates by itself ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello So i was curious about something and just wanted to know if it's possible. Can WU automatically download and install updates by itself WITHOUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mikey89, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Can WU automatically install updates by itself ?

Hello

So i was curious about something and just wanted to know if it's possible.

Can WU automatically download and install updates by itself WITHOUT the admin having to click "install" and the beggining and "restart PC" at the end ?

Can WU do this without ANY action being required by the admin ?

Also can WU do this without the admin even knowing this happened in the respective day/days. ?

:)

Mikey89, Sep 9, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 9, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Can WU automatically install updates by itself ? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 9, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can WU automatically install updates by itself ? - Similar Threads - automatically install updates

2. Windows Update starts itself automatically at startup, help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update starts itself automatically at startup, help: Is there any way to stop this happening? My computer slows down to much even with a SSD and boot time is also affected by this because MSI logo takes like almost a 25-30 seconds to complete to reach desktop. I can see WinUpdate process on task manager, when I click stop or...
  3. automatic update and install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic update and install: how to turn on automatic update and install in 8.1 window dell laptop. which is turned off by system administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update-and-install/18739ca1-18cc-4e8a-8142-d17446cb2078
  4. automatic update and install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic update and install: how to turn on automatic update and install in 8.1 window dell laptop. which is turned off by system administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update-and-install/18739ca1-18cc-4e8a-8142-d17446cb2078
  5. Problem installing KB5000842 via WU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem installing KB5000842 via WU: Saw this update and decided to run it. All seemed to go ok. I clicked on Restart now and the machine restarted. The update screen came on the and it got to about 30% and then the machine rebooted again. Nothing overly unusual. In most cases, it would reboot and then resume...
  6. Windows Update Error code 1058. WU disabling itself when started or activated

Windows Update Error code 1058. WU disabling itself when started or activated: I enable, activate, i set it to automatic, manual activation STILL NOTHING, widnows updated disables itself when i activate it. Troubleshooter does not do anything! I had some othere issues today, might it be caused by virus or a physical damage? God please no some AND...
  7. Missing 2 updates in WU?

Missing 2 updates in WU?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v2004, x64 - OS Build 19041.508 Yesterday was patch Tuesday right? I have only received 1 update: 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756) Missing: KB4577266 KB890830 I click on WU and they don't...
  8. WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...: Today I decided to apply the July Cumulative updates. Configuration: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Windows Update configured with the Group Policy of "Configure Automatic Updates" set to "2 - Notify for download and auto install" (Registry settings for AUOptions reflect that - they...
  9. Windows update service automatically stopping itself

Windows update service automatically stopping itself: I wanted to update my windows, but got the error 0x80070422 so I went to the administrative tools, set to either automatic or manual startup type, I start the service and after a couple of seconds it automatically stops itself, I don't receive any error or anything, on the...
  10. Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT: Windows Update says it downloaded the update but every time it runs, it fails. The failure message is almost immediate. there is no error # associated with the failure. Only the generic, "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later". I tried...