Windows 10: Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

Discus and support Can you access msconfig via command prompt? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yorkyuk, Mar 21, 2020.

1. yorkyuk Win User

Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

Hi,

Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or "normal"?

My laptop is win 10 ver 1909.

It's stopped booting into windows after I changed the start up in msconfig from "selective" to "normal".

I'm having to use command prompt from the win 10 recovery usb.

:)

yorkyuk, Mar 21, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 21, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can you access msconfig via command prompt? - Similar Threads - access msconfig via

2. Oobekeyboard error can not access command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oobekeyboard error can not access command prompt: my laptop the hardrive failed so I replaced it, it was a hardrive with windows preinstalled. I keep getting the error Oobekeyboard error it does give me the option to skip but when I so this the windows set up goes into a loop it will ask me to enter my windows details and...
  3. Oobekeyboard error can not access command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oobekeyboard error can not access command prompt: my laptop the hardrive failed so I replaced it, it was a hardrive with windows preinstalled. I keep getting the error Oobekeyboard error it does give me the option to skip but when I so this the windows set up goes into a loop it will ask me to enter my windows details and...
  4. Unable to access directories via Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access directories via Command Prompt: I need to use Command Prompt, but when I add the directory, I get this error: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I've made sure C:\Windows\32 is included in the Environment Variables under "Path", but I can't...
  5. Command prompt what can you do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command prompt what can you do?: Hello, I have just discovered the command prompt on my computer (search+cmd), but so far I can only change the font color. What can you do there not so everything? Will the changes only be saved there or do I change my whole computer? Do you know cool codes?...
  6. Can You Please Allow Access to All MTU Parameter Ranges via Command Prompt Again?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can You Please Allow Access to All MTU Parameter Ranges via Command Prompt Again?: Since updating from Windows 10 version 1803, the MTU parameter cannot be set below 576. Version 1809 and onward, plus all minor updates to those versions, all say that any MTU parameter below 576 is incorrect, which is clearly false evident with previous versions working and...
  7. Can I disable services via command prompt...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I disable services via command prompt...: Can I disable services using the command prompt if they can't be disable in the services manager, and could some services be installed on the system for threat uses and intrusions in the computer? 136697
  8. Can I disable services via command prompt...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I disable services via command prompt...: Can I disable services using the command prompt if they can't be disable in the services manager, and could some services be installed on the system for threat uses and intrusions in the computer? 136697
  9. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  10. Msconfig and command prompt, problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Msconfig and command prompt, problems: Here's a secret: Right click on the little Windows flag in the lower left, and you see a menu with many commands, control panel, run [dialog box] and more. Click run and type 'msconfig' as many people know, there are three types of startups. Under another one of the tabs...