Windows 10: Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

Discus and support Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking to have the taskbar on the main display stay static while the taskbar on the second display has the auto-hide function. I've been looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Delta_S4, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

I'm looking to have the taskbar on the main display stay static while the taskbar on the second display has the auto-hide function. I've been looking around the internet and it seems my only options are to have it auto hide on both displays, remove it entirely on the second display, or use some sketchy old payware to do it.

Is there some sort of program/tweak i'm unaware of that lets you do this?

submitted by /u/Delta_S4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Delta_S4, Dec 28, 2019

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 28, 2019
  3. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Dec 28, 2019
  4. atom241 Win User

Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

Taskbar not hiding on second display

1. Right-click on the Taskbar and choose properties

2. Make sure that the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box is unchecked and hit apply

3. Right-click on your MAIN displays Taskbar and scroll over the Cortana option

4. Select which ever option is not currently checked

5. Go back into the Taskbar properties and check the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box

6. Your Taskbars should now auto-hide

from Windows 10 Taskbar on Second monitor won't auto-hide.

Works for me!

atom241, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

1. Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display? - Similar Threads - auto hide taskbar

2. "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side": Whenever I connect my external Dell monitor to my Dell XPS laptop, I get a windows popup saying:"A toolbar is already hidden on this side of the screen. You can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side."Then in order to auto-hide my taskbar, I need to go into my taskbar...
  3. "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side": Whenever I connect my external Dell monitor to my Dell XPS laptop, I get a windows popup saying:"A toolbar is already hidden on this side of the screen. You can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side."Then in order to auto-hide my taskbar, I need to go into my taskbar...
  4. Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen: Hi! I don't know if was posted, I searched and not found what I am looking for even here or on the internet. I have a second monitor using with my laptop and I want the taskbar to be fully visible on the main screen, just as the default settings but on the second screen I...
  5. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  6. Taskbar won't auto hide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  7. Taskbar auto-hide fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hide taskbar hiding only once