Windows 10: Can you automatically create shortcuts for new files in a particular folder?

Discus and support Can you automatically create shortcuts for new files in a particular folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm okay with having to write a batch file if I have to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hola3008, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hola3008 Win User

Can you automatically create shortcuts for new files in a particular folder?

I'm okay with having to write a batch file if I have to.

:)

Hola3008, Apr 2, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 2, 2020
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Can you automatically create shortcuts for new files in a particular folder? - Similar Threads - automatically create shortcuts

2. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  3. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  4. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows11 New Folder is creating a shortcut instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 New Folder is creating a shortcut instead: Hi,I have Windows11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 .When I try to create a new folder on a path that I have full permissions for , it is trying to create a shortcut instead :How can I fix this ? Many thanks in advance...
  6. Windows11 New Folder is creating a shortcut instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 New Folder is creating a shortcut instead: Hi,I have Windows11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 .When I try to create a new folder on a path that I have full permissions for , it is trying to create a shortcut instead :How can I fix this ? Many thanks in advance...
  7. Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.

Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.: Have tried all previous suggestionssfc /scannow, DISM, reset file explorerexplorer.exe, perform clean boot and perform repair upgrade and others. Nothing has fixed/solved this problem. Don't know when this started, I usually don't create new folders that often. Please help....
  8. Creating new files and folders

Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  9. can not create a new folder

can not create a new folder: can not create a new folder, just freezes then screen flickers and comes back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-new-folder/c750b829-38dd-4e77-a2e4-5b8a28c01787"
  10. Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows How to Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users...