Windows 10: Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10?

Discus and support Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example. I have a list of folders: Say "Folder 1" contains a folder named "Folder 1" but the second folder contains all the necessary files &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, Jan 3, 2019.

1. ARNK Win User

Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10?

For example.

I have a list of folders: Say "Folder 1" contains a folder named "Folder 1" but the second folder contains all the necessary files & folders. So I have to copy the sub-folder "Folder 1", go out to the main folder list and then copy over the original top level folder...now imagine having 50 or more folders & repeating the copy/paste task 50+ times.

:)

ARNK, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Jan 3, 2019
  3. jgunning Win User
    Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - batch mundane tasks

2. Batch files appear to start but don't fully execute on Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Batch files appear to start but don't fully execute on Windows 10 Task Scheduler: I recently set up a new system with Windows 10 Pro and copied the C:\Batch folder to the new system These systems are essentially identical in their hardware configuration except for the motherboard, memory & video card. ( Borh are ASUS Motherboards and Video cards with i7...
  3. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script: I know that there have been many different solutions to this problem posted on the internet and various forums, but I have scoured Google for a solution to my problem to no avail. My problem appears to be unique (something that at this rate I do not want). Now, onto my...
  4. UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.: Hello. I'm having an issue after upgrading to windows 10 from 7. I've been getting a lot of strange administrator permission prompts, despite being on the admin account and having UAC completely off. This occurs on very mundane operations, such as deleting a photo or even...
  5. Using Batch files to perform sequential tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Batch files to perform sequential tasks: Hi, I think I used to do this all the time but that was a long time ago. I want to open a Wordperfect (WP) document then run an executable program, the WP file opens fine but the executable won't run until I close the WP file. Any clues? Regards, Jim 57282
  6. Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task

in Windows 10 Support
    Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task: Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task hi, This should be an easy answer. I want to create one scheduled task, it will be called "CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE", see attached pic or (approximate example, not literal job...yet)...
  7. Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler: I want run this bat file from task scheduler @Rem %pf% expands to the right program location depending if it is x86 or x64 system @setlocal @set pf=%ProgramFiles% @if not "[%ProgramFiles(x86)%]"=="[]" set pf=%ProgramFiles(x86)% @Rem %macropath% expands to the demo...
  8. Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar?: Right clicking a batch file on my desktop does not give me the option to pin it, is there a way? Thanks! 57501
  9. Start Batch File Minimized via Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Batch File Minimized via Task Scheduler: I have a batch file scheduled to run in Task Scheduler in Windows 10. The batch file runs on schedule, but it opens a full CMD window. I have tried entering variations on start /min in the Task Scheduler properties, but these seem to have no effect. The particular batch...
  10. Can you go back to Windows 10 later if you downgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you go back to Windows 10 later if you downgrade?: Suppose you have upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1. You then downgrade back to 8.1. Would be able to reupgrade to windows 10 after that? What about after july 29th? 57646