Windows 10: Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10?

Discus and support Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example. I have a list of folders: Say "Folder 1" contains a folder named "Folder 1" but the second folder contains all the necessary files &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, Jan 3, 2019.

1. ARNK Win User

Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10?

For example.

I have a list of folders: Say "Folder 1" contains a folder named "Folder 1" but the second folder contains all the necessary files & folders. So I have to copy the sub-folder "Folder 1", go out to the main folder list and then copy over the original top level folder...now imagine having 50 or more folders & repeating the copy/paste task 50+ times.

:)

ARNK, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Jan 3, 2019
  3. jgunning Win User
    Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can you batch mundane tasks with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - batch mundane tasks

2. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  3. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  4. Invoke scheduled task from batch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invoke scheduled task from batch?: Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes? 165093
  5. Invoke sceduled task from batch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invoke sceduled task from batch?: Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes? 165093
  6. Can you help me run this PS1 from a batch

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you help me run this PS1 from a batch: Hello. I want to make this ps1 script execute from an batch file : It's named "enable-all-advanced-power-settings.ps1" Enable all advanced power settings in Windows. . GitHub Code: # List all possible power config GUIDs in Windows # Run: this-script.ps1 | Out-File...
  7. Can you change batch rename suffixes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you change batch rename suffixes?: Hi, Currently, when I batch rename files, it shows as "NameOfFile #". However, is it possible to change the #, by something else like _# instead? Thank you...
  8. Windows Task Scheduler with netsh in batch won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Task Scheduler with netsh in batch won't work: I have a PC that is on my network but connected to the internet through a wifi connection that periodically disconnects itself (from the router end). Using Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 The PC is basically a "public" terminal I use in my home, but only want it to connect through...
  9. You can now batch rename files on Windows 10 with PowerToys

in Windows 10 News
    You can now batch rename files on Windows 10 with PowerToys: Back in the days of Windows 95, Microsoft offered PowerToys – a collection of useful tools and utilities to improve Windows experience. Earlier this year, Microsoft said that it was bringing PowerToys to Windows 10 and the app initially offered two features. The latest...
  10. UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.: Hello. I'm having an issue after upgrading to windows 10 from 7. I've been getting a lot of strange administrator permission prompts, despite being on the admin account and having UAC completely off. This occurs on very mundane operations, such as deleting a photo or even...