Windows 10: Can you bind a network card to a cpu in windows 10?

Discus and support Can you bind a network card to a cpu in windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know in xp and 2003 theres a tool called interrupt affinity filter tool that allows this to happen but when it comes to newer os's i cant seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smirk24, Feb 8, 2019.

1. smirk24 Win User

Can you bind a network card to a cpu in windows 10?

I know in xp and 2003 theres a tool called interrupt affinity filter tool that allows this to happen but when it comes to newer os's i cant seem to figure it out

:)

smirk24, Feb 8, 2019
  2. nik3com Win User

windows 10 binding order of 2 network cards

so i upgrade from 8.1 to 10 on launch day to see how many bugs there where, RSAT doesn't work and not available to download broken link

anyway, 2 network cards. NIC1 local domain NIC2 internet access. binding order NIC1 then NIC2 no problem in win7 and win8.1

since upgrade NIC2 wants to take all DNS resolution so trying to connect to local servers like exchange they get resolved to the external DNS!!!!

changed binding order back and forth reboot and last resort is to remove the dns server from NIC2 so NIC1 is resolving all DNS

Bug or feature?

and what's with the notification centre saying you have new notifications when an email arrives and there is nothing there!!!

nik3com, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Guji Win User

Unable to set adapter binding order

Ok I think i found a solution to this by using NVSBIND.

1. Using nvsbind.exe /n i got the list of network cards on my laptop, found the one I wanted at the top of my binding and made a note of the name

2. Using nvsbind.exe /++ "Adapter Name" ms_tcpip command - this placed the adapter at the very top of the binding list.

3. Ipconfig /release and /renew

4. Everything working fine as I wanted.

Hope this helps out others.

Guji, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Can you bind a network card to a cpu in windows 10? - Similar Threads - bind network card

2. Can you update CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you update CPU?: I'm wanting to update to windows 11 from 10 but pc check says CPU does not meet min requirements, can I update this or is this a new computer fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-update-cpu/a6317ae1-1a34-4fc5-8866-9b363f48abd6
  3. Can you update CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you update CPU?: I'm wanting to update to windows 11 from 10 but pc check says CPU does not meet min requirements, can I update this or is this a new computer fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-update-cpu/a6317ae1-1a34-4fc5-8866-9b363f48abd6
  4. Can you use a Windows 10 Minecraft Digital Card if you have Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use a Windows 10 Minecraft Digital Card if you have Windows 11?: I’m just wondering if you could use a Windows 10 Base game minecraft card from the store, if you have windows 11? will it still work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-a-windows-10-minecraft-digital-card-if/f4873f69-ceb7-4e10-a687-661162b551fc
  5. Can you use a Windows 10 Minecraft Digital Card if you have Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use a Windows 10 Minecraft Digital Card if you have Windows 11?: I’m just wondering if you could use a Windows 10 Base game minecraft card from the store, if you have windows 11? will it still work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-a-windows-10-minecraft-digital-card-if/f4873f69-ceb7-4e10-a687-661162b551fc
  6. How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool: In order to bind a network card to CPU 0 using interrupt affinity policy configuration tool do you need to install Microsofts hardware pk if not is there any steps needed when using the interrupt affinity policy configuration tool? 160923
  7. Can you add "Card Reader Troubleshooting" menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you add "Card Reader Troubleshooting" menu in Windows 10: Clould you add "Card Reader Troubleshooting" menu in Windows 10? Once hardware and devices treoubleshooting option have been removed from the OS, we are not able to troubleshoot our card readers....
  8. Can you make a gpu and cpu equal?

Can you make a gpu and cpu equal?: I have a laptop that has an integrated gpu and i was wondering if its possible to make the gpu and cpu equal. Kinda like amd apu setting but for intel. 147918
  9. Rebuild kernel for binding nic to a cpu core?

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuild kernel for binding nic to a cpu core?: I found this stuff for linux but i was wanting to know how can this be done with windows? Assign Interrupts to Processor Cores on Intel® Ethernet Controller 131531
  10. Can you upgrade a cpu

Can you upgrade a cpu: Can you upgrade a CPU on an Acer Aspire v5 I couldn't find an answer and if you can whats one you can buy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-upgrade-a-cpu/5d6bc582-5c64-44b0-a480-e6327b06b7a4