Windows 10: Can you bypass this without restarting?

Discus and support Can you bypass this without restarting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bepe_the_archangel [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bepe_the_archangel, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Can you bypass this without restarting?

/u/bepe_the_archangel, Aug 13, 2020
  2. DaveToms Win User

Broken security by bypassing lock screen on restart

Question:

Why does Windows bypass the lock screen when it restarts after a Windows update? I consider this a security design flaw. If a maintenance crew came by my home while I'm at work to do some home renovation upgrades but they left the
    front door unlocked when they finished, when I got home I'd wonder what on Earth they were thinking. I hope I've just missed a setting somewhere to disable this.

Three things I accept:

1. Locking my computer to protect my privacy.

2. Windows restarting after an update.

3. Windows automatically updating, which is frustrating but acceptable.

But I don't accept Windows bypassing the lock screen after an update.

Precondition:

Windows 10 is set up to require a password at sign in, both on startup and on the lock screen.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Lock the computer.

Step 2: Leave the room.

Step 3: Wait for Windows to perform an automatic system update.

Step 4: Windows restarts automatically.

Problem 1: Windows bypasses the lock screen, instead signing in and showing the desktop.

Problem 2: Come home and book a doctor's appointment to deal with the stress of seeing my computer unlocked.

It's my first post in the community so suggestions about posting etiquette are welcome.

DaveToms, Aug 13, 2020
  3. little cat, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Can you bypass this without restarting?

Is there any way that I can bypass the password requirement when it is in the 'lockscreen' mode?

Hello,

Kindly let us know what exactly happens after performing above steps.

• Do you still get a prompt to enter the login password?
    • Did you perform the above steps without any mistake?
    I would suggest you to restart your system once and then try to perform above steps and check.

Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Can you bypass this without restarting?

1. Can you bypass this without restarting? - Similar Threads - bypass without restarting

2. can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?: I am trying to connect to any device and its asking for a pin its working fine when connecting to a phonemobile but its asking for a pin and i have already tried 0000,1111,1234,1212,2121,etc but nothing worked its saying that pin didn't work try again so i want to completely...
  3. can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?: I am trying to connect to any device and its asking for a pin its working fine when connecting to a phonemobile but its asking for a pin and i have already tried 0000,1111,1234,1212,2121,etc but nothing worked its saying that pin didn't work try again so i want to completely...
  4. can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. bypass "lets connect you to a network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass "lets connect you to a network": Hi,I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.SHIFT + F10 -...
  6. bypass "lets connect you to a network"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bypass "lets connect you to a network": Hi,I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.SHIFT + F10 -...
  7. Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?: Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-bypass-tpm-20-requirement-for-windows-11/5b4b369c-809f-47d9-a529-1e3ccbf9848e
  8. Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?: Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-bypass-tpm-20-requirement-for-windows-11/5b4b369c-809f-47d9-a529-1e3ccbf9848e
  9. How can you bypass the pre-login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you bypass the pre-login screen: I hate that screen (pretty as it is) because it is often non-responsive to clicks. I have click in its center get to the login screen. I am fine to have login because my wife shares the computer so she might want to get to her login. How to start with the login screen? 172913
  10. Can updates be installed without restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can updates be installed without restarting?: Hi, I have the following issue regarding update and BSOD. It seems that a driver on my hp laptop is malfunctioning. I have not been able to find which drive it is although I have tried many of the workarounds described in the forums (memory problems check using memtest,...