Windows 10: Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?

Discus and support Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BajajAditya, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?

Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?

:)

BajajAditya, Oct 5, 2021

2. Windows 11 install script bypasses TPM, system requirements

here you are guys Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade? :)

A new script allows you to install Windows 11 on devices with incompatible hardware, such as missing TPM 2.0, incompatible CPUs, or the lack of Secure Boot. Even better, the script also works on virtual machines, allowing you to upgrade to the latest Windows Insider build.

When Windows 11 was first announced, Microsoft released the operating system's new system requirements, which included a TPM 2.0 security processor, Secure Boot, newer CPUs, and at least 64 GB of hard drive space.

As Microsoft realized that many people, especially those in the enterprise, would be testing Windows 11 preview builds on virtual machines, they exempted them from the system requirements.

However, Microsoft is now requiring compatible hardware even on virtual machines and taking a firm stance on its system requirement, going as far as to say that people who install Windows 11 on incompatible hardware may not get security updates.

For those willing to risk running Windows 11 on incompatible hardware, a script has been released that allows new installations and upgrades to bypass the operating system's system requirements.

Script bypasses Windows 11 system requirements
    This new script was released as part of the extremely useful Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper, a batch file that allows you to create an ISO for any version of Windows 10, with Windows 11 support added last week.

While the main script of this open-source project is the 'MediaCreationTool.bat' used to create Windows ISOs, it also includes a script named 'Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd,' which configures the device to bypass compatible hardware checks.

When executed on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 device, the Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd script will perform a variety of tasks, including:

Create the 'AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU' value under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup Registry key and set it to 1.
    Registers a WMI event subscription named 'Skip TPM Check on Dynamic Update' that deletes the 'C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\appraiserres.dll' file when the vdsldr.exe executable is launched during Windows 11 setup.
    It should be noted that the created WMI event subscription will remain in effect until you run the Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd script again, which will cause the event subscriptions to be deleted. You can do this after installing or upgrading Windows 11.

Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper for all MCT Windows 10 versions from 1507 to 21H1 with business (Enterprise) edition support . GitHub

dany007119966, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

TPM and Windows 11.

No, it's not changed to 1.2. Windows 11 will not be offered as an upgrade option in Windows Update unless the PC has TPM 2.0.

Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and PC Health Check app | Windows 11 Forum

What has changed, as reported in that article Samuria gave a link for, is that MS will apparently allow you to upgrade manually using an ISO on an unsupported device, and if it has TPM 1.2 then it is certainly unsupported.

Whether you'd actually want to install W11 on an unsupported device is another matter, when MS say 'unsupported' they really mean it in all senses of the word. That article goes on to say that: "..."unsupported" Windows 11 PCs won't be entitled to receive Windows Updates".

Bree, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade? - Similar Threads - bypass TPM requirement

2. How do you bypass the windows 11 system requirements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you bypass the windows 11 system requirements?: I tried to look at some tutorials but I got the error "Sorry, we're having trouble determining if your PC can run Windows 11. Please close Setup and try again."...
  3. How do you bypass the windows 11 system requirements?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you bypass the windows 11 system requirements?: I tried to look at some tutorials but I got the error "Sorry, we're having trouble determining if your PC can run Windows 11. Please close Setup and try again."...
  4. How To Install Windows 11 Without TPM [TPM 2.0 Bypass]

in Windows 10 News
    How To Install Windows 11 Without TPM [TPM 2.0 Bypass]: Eager to upgrade to Windows 11 and that too without TPM (trusted platform module)? You're not alone. There has been a lot of controversy regarding Microsoft's decision to restrict Windows 11 installation in machines that support TPM 2.0. While Microsoft is being adamant...
  5. TPM 2.0 requirements for Windows 11

TPM 2.0 requirements for Windows 11: My PC basically meet requirements for Windows 11 but TPM 2.0 since I use Asus P8Z77 VLX and Intel i7 3770 which not have TPM support.Why TPM 2.0 must be mandatory, I know for business user, but for personal user it's non sense to locked out people from accessing it just...
  6. bypass TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass TPM: hi my question is if i do the BYPASS TPM on a laptop with windows 10 ,with a CPU 4generation,ido have UEFI,and Security boot,bot not TPM,my question is if idownload windows 11 will i be able to have windows update? I hear that bypass TPM is posible to download windows 11 in...
  7. bypass TPM

bypass TPM: hi my question is if i do the BYPASS TPM on a laptop with windows 10 ,with a CPU 4generation,ido have UEFI,and Security boot,bot not TPM,my question is if idownload windows 11 will i be able to have windows update? I hear that bypass TPM is posible to download windows 11 in...
  8. Windows 11 TPM 2.0 bypass installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 TPM 2.0 bypass installation: HelloI'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and when it does, it says I don't meet the minimum requirements, and then on the PC Health Check app. it says it doesn't detect TPM 2.0. I followed instructions to see if I have it in the motherboard Bios and I have...
  9. Windows 11 TPM 2.0 bypass installation

Windows 11 TPM 2.0 bypass installation: HelloI'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and when it does, it says I don't meet the minimum requirements, and then on the PC Health Check app. it says it doesn't detect TPM 2.0. I followed instructions to see if I have it in the motherboard Bios and I have...
  10. Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade?: Can you bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-bypass-tpm-20-requirement-for-windows-11/5b4b369c-809f-47d9-a529-1e3ccbf9848e