Windows 10: Can you change a license key?

Discus and support Can you change a license key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to update my win 1909 tower to win 2004, but its not working. I obtained the key from a once said to be reliable source - nowadays -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by maygar, Jun 26, 2020.

1. maygar Win User

Can you change a license key?

I am trying to update my win 1909 tower to win 2004, but its not working. I obtained the key from a once said to be reliable source - nowadays - reading posts it seems to become questionable. As the key is stored in the firmware chip on the mainboard, must I trash the mainboard and look for a more reliable source?
    Looking forward to your answer and please excuse my English, I'm German.

:)

maygar, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Conor1974 Win User

License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Can you change a license key? - Similar Threads - change license key

2. Can you change file explorer key commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you change file explorer key commands?: New Windows 11 user here, formerly on OSX, and I wanted to know if it's possible to change the key command "Enter" which opens a file now so that it instead renames a file. Essentially swapping Enter with F2.Thanks!...
  3. Can you change file explorer key commands?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you change file explorer key commands?: New Windows 11 user here, formerly on OSX, and I wanted to know if it's possible to change the key command "Enter" which opens a file now so that it instead renames a file. Essentially swapping Enter with F2.Thanks!...
  4. Can I change window 10 pro volume license key to oem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I change window 10 pro volume license key to oem: Recently I got the message the volume license key will be expired soon. Would I update the license key to oem version without a clean install of win 10 pro?...
  5. Can not change activation key

Can not change activation key: Hi. Can anyone help?I have just bought a new laptop to replaced my failed pc, which i originally bought with Windows7Pro. Obviously, when I upgraded to Windows10, I had windows 10Pro. When I try to change my activation key on my laptop, it won't accept it saying "The product...
  6. change a license key. after change the country you live in

change a license key. after change the country you live in: hello my sister has a windows 10 on his desktop and she lives in Iran. she wanna move to a European country and take her pc by herself. you actually know finding reliable online or actual shop which sell original windows in Iran is nearly impossible and additionally...
  7. can you test an activation key

can you test an activation key: years ago I bought win 7 ultimate and have the key, is there a way to test it and see if it works, besides entering it into a PC? I had totally forgotten I had this as I have not needed it. I still dont need it, I bought it at a discount., it is RETAIL I have thought about...
  8. Can you change a license key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you change a license key?: I am trying to update my win 1909 tower to win 2004, but its not working. I obtained the key from a once said to be reliable source - nowadays - reading posts it seems to become questionable. As the key is stored in the firmware chip on the mainboard, must I trash the...
  9. Changing license key on SSD in new PC

Changing license key on SSD in new PC: Hello, I recently replaced my SSD on my PC which is running my activated licensed copy of Windows 10 from the old SSD. I gave my son my old SSD for his new build so he is temporarily running my copy of Windows. (He is fully aware that he needs his own copy so I want to be...
  10. Changing from Digital License to Product Key

Changing from Digital License to Product Key: I have got my windows with a digital License. My college has provided me with product key for windows 10 for education purposes. If I activate that key, will my digital License be still valid for a later use?...