Windows 10: Can you change the search folders icon?

Discus and support Can you change the search folders icon? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Hello, Since I'm a very organised person (I'm not) I use search folders a lot and since I'm also lazy I decided to include my search folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LateChapter7, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Can you change the search folders icon?

Can you change the search folders icon? [​IMG]

Hello,

Since I'm a very organised person (I'm not) I use search folders a lot and since I'm also lazy I decided to include my search folders on my toolbar.

The problem is that they all look the same and I wanted to know if I could change the icons.

https://preview.redd.it/2gxa0tovvve...bp&s=92b651c73ec46ca3268e76b25abc1104894b576d

I thought about creating shortcuts and add them to another folder, and then add that same folder to the toolbar but it seems that you can only create shortcuts to the desktop.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/LateChapter7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LateChapter7, Feb 4, 2020

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Mr McC Win User

Can you change the search folders icon?

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Can you change the search folders icon? :confused:

Mr McC, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Can you change the search folders icon?

1. Can you change the search folders icon? - Similar Threads - change search folders

2. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  3. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  4. Can you track down a folder's current icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you track down a folder's current icon?: I let Windows update and when it came back, my custom icon pack had been partially reset. Only some of the folders kept their custom icons. I have no clue what the pack was called or where it is on any of my drives. How can I reverse search it in windows and find where I...
  5. Can you restore folder icon defaults to multiple folders at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you restore folder icon defaults to multiple folders at once?: Many times after adding new folders or moving them I will find the folder icon blank. You can restore this with Right Mouse Button > Properties > Customize > Change Icon > Restore Defaults. That works great for one, but many times I have multiple folders with the same issue...
  6. Can you restore folder icon defaults to multiple folders at once?

Can you restore folder icon defaults to multiple folders at once?: Many times after adding new folders or moving them I will find the folder icon blank. You can restore this with Right Mouse Button > Properties > Customize > Change Icon > Restore Defaults. That works great for one, but many times I have multiple folders with the same issue...
  7. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  8. Change Icon in Folder

Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  9. Icons changed to Photo Icon in Search

in Cortana
    Icons changed to Photo Icon in Search: My search icons turned into the photo icons. It seems to only be items downloaded from the Microsoft Store.Please respond if you know what is happening.Thanks...
  10. You can change new tab search engine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You can change new tab search engine: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3namd/you_can_change_new_tab_search_engine/