Windows 10: Can you change your username on the signed in Win 10 Preview

Discus and support Can you change your username on the signed in Win 10 Preview in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Hotmail account I use is very old. I don't wish to see that username associated with my new Win 10 yet, the system uses the name of my Hotmail/Live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win Droid, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Win Droid Win User

Can you change your username on the signed in Win 10 Preview

The Hotmail account I use is very old. I don't wish to see that username associated with my new Win 10 yet, the system uses the name of my Hotmail/Live account. How can I still remain logged in and use a different name on my new Win 10 install?

I plan to upgrade this to RTM so that username must go.
    Thanks

:)

Win Droid, Jun 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 domain computer requires username to unlock. Can this be changed?

Ever since several Win 10 preview builds ago, it requires both username and password in order to unlock a system instead of just a password. Can this be changed?

SupremeDeity, Jun 21, 2015
  3. How to change the Username when signed in with a MS account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Do let us know if you require any other assistance with respect to Windows.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

Can you change your username on the signed in Win 10 Preview

1. Can you change your username on the signed in Win 10 Preview - Similar Threads - change username signed

2. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...: I was messing around my account for a password change but then I created a local account and setup a password and then I signed out of my Microsoft account and when I again tried to access my Microsoft accounts through pin it said "You must sign in to this device once with...
  3. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...: I was messing around my account for a password change but then I created a local account and setup a password and then I signed out of my Microsoft account and when I again tried to access my Microsoft accounts through pin it said "You must sign in to this device once with...
  4. Change username in Windows Terminal Preview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change username in Windows Terminal Preview: I downloaded the Windows Terminal Preview but put my Username different then the one in my folder and now when i type commands like "ls -al ~/.ssh", it tells me: " ls: cannot access '/home/lucasgoddamn/.ssh': No such file or directory". But i have the directory .ssh but...
  5. as you can see by my username:

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    as you can see by my username:: I tried using the guide that a site gave me to convert Legacy BIOS to UEFI. However, it no longer boots... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-you-can-see-by-my-username/c332056f-3032-45fc-b31b-b053f5a98248
  6. Change username in Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change username in Win 10: Hi (How) Can I change that annoying 5-letter username? The only solution I found so far is to set up the computer with a local, not a Microsoft account, but it's too late for that. And starting from scratch would be a massive pain in the ass. So is there any other way?...
  7. ‘we can not sign you into your account’ error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ‘we can not sign you into your account’ error: It happened after Windows update. The next morning, when I turned on my HP laptop, I saw a "we cannot sign you into your account anything you have may be lost" error. I rebooted and found that everything on the desktop changed colors and sizes. The File Explorer was empty but...
  8. "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password": Wouldn't that be lovely. To have a Microsoft username and password. One that worked with everything Microcoft, a universal passport to all Microsoft services. Instead, we are stuck with at least two. An Azure and a Windows, never the Twain shall meet, distinct and...
  9. How to change your Windows 10 username

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to change your Windows 10 username: Changing your username in Windows 10 depends on the type of account you have. Like many users, you might use a Microsoft account to log in to Windows. These accounts display the name registered to them on the login screen, usually your real name. If you aren’t using a...
  10. Cannot change account username/Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot change account username/Win 10: Heya guys, I cannot change my account username for windows 10. When I click on start I can go to my account name at the top right click on it, go to change account settings the manage my account and change my name there, but it won't show on my start menu. I have my name...