Windows 10: Can you choose audio output per app?

Discus and support Can you choose audio output per app? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to have one specific store (example mytube) app play audio through, say for example, headphones, but the rest of the pc apps/system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZenMasta, May 26, 2019.

1. ZenMasta Win User

Can you choose audio output per app?

Is it possible to have one specific store (example mytube) app play audio through, say for example, headphones, but the rest of the pc apps/system sounds play through speakers?

:)

ZenMasta, May 26, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 26, 2019
  3. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 26, 2019
  4. Can you choose audio output per app?

No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Can you choose audio output per app?

1. Can you choose audio output per app? - Similar Threads - choose audio output

2. why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?: how has microsoft failed to include this BASIC feature? there are many other VERY basic features left out of windows 10 edition, but this is one of the most annoying to me. I use voicemeeter for routing my audio on my computer, and whenever i open minecraft for windows 10,...
  3. why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?: how has microsoft failed to include this BASIC feature? there are many other VERY basic features left out of windows 10 edition, but this is one of the most annoying to me. I use voicemeeter for routing my audio on my computer, and whenever i open minecraft for windows 10,...
  4. Audio only working on apps where i can select an output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only working on apps where i can select an output: My audio only works on apps where i can manually go in and select an output device like discord or minecraft, but on things like google or other games i cant hear anythingI have tried multiple output devices including speakers headphones and headsets...
  5. Audio only working on apps where i can select an output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio only working on apps where i can select an output: My audio only works on apps where i can manually go in and select an output device like discord or minecraft, but on things like google or other games i cant hear anythingI have tried multiple output devices including speakers headphones and headsets...
  6. Audio only working on apps where i can select an output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Split Audio Output on the App Level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Split Audio Output on the App Level: Hello, I have two apps for VOIP calls: Skype and Nextiva. I'm using the headphones when making calls. I need all the audio from Skype to go through the right ear only. I need all the audio from Nextiva to go through the left ear only. How can it be achieved? Thanks a lot!...
  8. Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?: I really like the per app audio output feature on Windows 10, but apps only show up when they are running or only when they are playing back audio (that's the case with Web browsers). I'm basically looking for a program let's me permanently assign app/programs to a specific...
  9. Audio balance on per app basis

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio balance on per app basis: Hi All I want to find a way to control audio balance/ phase on a per app basis. Either preferably from Window 10 directly or alternatively via a third party app. As a person who regularly uses a screen reader software and video conferencing, sottphone communications...
  10. Stereo/mono output per device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo/mono output per device: I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but that's system-wide. I want to be able to still get stereo audio from the headphone jack or HDMI, but I can't find anything in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to choose how audio is used per app