Windows 10: Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed

Discus and support Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 1 history recorded it is low threat warning and from 4 months ago.... can you clear this list ? , there is not a problem as it is removed from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterPascoe2, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed

I have 1 history recorded it is low threat warning and from 4 months ago....

can you clear this list ? , there is not a problem as it is removed from files and no record of it in system anymore....

Thanks ^^

:)

PeterPascoe2, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed

Clear history in music + videos

So if you have a history item you want off that list, the only option you currently have at this time is to play other items. As they appear in the list, the older history items will scroll off the list.

I would ask that you consider offering your thoughts at the official suggestion box and hopefully someone on the team will push to have that implemented.

I can tell you that they DO READ THEM and your input would be valuable.

Feature suggestions can be made at
    windowsphone.uservoice.com

You could also use the Suggestion Box app to post suggestions & feature requests for wp8 from your windows
    phone

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed

1. Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed - Similar Threads - clear Protection History

2. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  3. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  4. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  5. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  6. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How can I clear the windows security protection history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I clear the windows security protection history?: I tried all the ways people posted online, like using event viewer and deleting the file in c/windows/microsoft/windowssecurity/scan/service, and I also tried to turn off and on the options the managing setting in windows security threat, but they just didn't work. There used...
  8. How can I clear the windows security protection history?

How can I clear the windows security protection history?: I tried all the ways people posted online, like using event viewer and deleting the file in c/windows/microsoft/windowssecurity/scan/service, and I also tried to turn off and on the options the managing setting in windows security threat, but they just didn't work. There used...
  9. Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found: This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one. 161416
  10. Unable to clear protection history

Unable to clear protection history: I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History... I have tried... Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender Right click on it and select...