Windows 10: Can you copy start menu settings to machines?

Discus and support Can you copy start menu settings to machines? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Took the time to really organize my start menu tiles. Wondering if there was a way to back that up or copy the settings to other machines in my home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeadKisses, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Can you copy start menu settings to machines?

Took the time to really organize my start menu tiles. Wondering if there was a way to back that up or copy the settings to other machines in my home.

submitted by /u/LeadKisses
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeadKisses, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Nov 16, 2020
  4. SBA
    sba Win User

Can you copy start menu settings to machines?

Shortcuts copied to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs don't show up on the Start Menu

On the old machine, all shortcuts in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs have a corresponding tile (but not vice-versa).

So I naively thought copying those shortcut files would result in tiles being created.

As this is apparently not the case, how do I cause the tiles for these shortcut files to be created? Alternatively, how do I automate (PowerShell preferred) the creation of those tiles?

Note: C:\ProgramData\Start Menu\Programs corresponds to the system-wide (machine-scope) list of programs in the Start Menu list, not to the per-user list of programs or to the per-user list of tiles...

Thema:

Can you copy start menu settings to machines?

1. Can you copy start menu settings to machines? - Similar Threads - copy start menu

2. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?: Hi. My start menu, task bar, settings menu and system tray are all inoperative. In task manager they show a green leaf and comment about UWP suspension. The only suggestions as to how to reactivate them involves using these same inoperative start menu and settings. How do I...
  3. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?: Hi. My start menu, task bar, settings menu and system tray are all inoperative. In task manager they show a green leaf and comment about UWP suspension. The only suggestions as to how to reactivate them involves using these same inoperative start menu and settings. How do I...
  4. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Copy machine to machine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy machine to machine.: Used to be ! I run a few W-10 here and I like to keep some of them "twins", specially my Documents. It used to be that I could save all of this folder onto a small RAM and then copy it back to another Documents on any other machine. No mas ! When it was possible, it would...
  6. can you change the slideshow on start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you change the slideshow on start menu?: is it possible to change the folder/album that the photos app on the start menu uses for it's live tile slide show? submitted by /u/venzo2704 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeh8cj/can_you_change_the_slideshow_on_start_menu/
  7. Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu: When I first sign into my computer, I tend to start all of the apps I want by typing <windows key> and then typing the name of the app I want to start. Does anyone know if there's a way to start a VPN connection with this method? Or is my only option clicking on the...
  8. Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior: Hi, I am running a 3 monitor system and i just want to know if you can have the start up menu always open one of them so as im working and i need a different app i can just look at the monitor and click on what i need? Thanks...
  9. What can you pin to start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What can you pin to start menu?: So what exactly can be pinned to start menu in Win10? Applications, obviously, Folders, Settings from modern Settings App, Settings from Control Panel, Websites, through Edge menu, Websites, by creating "application view" in IE11, OneNote notes and notebooks through modern...
  10. You can make the type on the start menu larger.

in Windows 10 Support
    You can make the type on the start menu larger.: Hi This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger. Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom there is the More Options, option. Set it to Larger and the type on the Start Menu will get a lot bigger. I'd rather have...