Windows 10: Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

Discus and support Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? I think windows 10 is the worst OP, how do you think about? 167936 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineedmoney, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

I think windows 10 is the worst OP, how do you think about?

:)

ineedmoney, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to create a Guest account?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What is the complete error message you receive?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 are you using i.e. Windows 10 Home/Pro?

Ideally, if you are using Windows 10 Pro, you can create a Standard account and then, you can change the Group permissions as a Guest for that particular Standard account. The permissions for the Standard user account will be same as for the Guest
    account.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to create the account:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Add and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new user account.
    4. Now, double click on the newly created user account and click on
      Group Membership.
    5. Click on the radio button for others and select
      Guest from the drop down list.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 8, 2020
  3. StephanP Win User
    Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

Apparently, Windows 10 Home does not quite support Guest accounts.
    Yes, one can activate the internal Guest account with net user Guest /active:yes
    But then it does not show up in the log in screen, or it does show up, but nothing happens when you enter it.

Is there a way to create an alternative guest account?
    E.g.
    • Create a local account (not associated with an e-mail address or Microsoft account)
    • Somehow give it the characteristics that mimic the Guest account as we used to know it
      Note: W10 Home does not provide User Group Management
      • Advanced Registry tweaks?
      • PowerShell script?

StephanP, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

Windows 10 - Guest Account

Did not work for me.

Sharon Croft, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

1. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? - Similar Threads - create guest accounts

2. how do you disable guest account windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you disable guest account windows 10: how do you disable guest account windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-guest-account-windows-10/61c27b49-ddb6-4ee3-b4a9-342ace6678b8
  3. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?: Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? I think windows 10 is the worst OP, how do you think about? 167936
  4. Guest Account Windows 10

Guest Account Windows 10: how do I add a guest account on Windows 10 for guests to use my computer without accessing my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-windows-10/b96ca412-5111-49e1-9818-cbe2a6ca544d
  5. Creating a guest account

Creating a guest account: Hi there, Is there a recommended way to create a guest account in Windows 10? I have people over sometimes who use my computer and I don't want them to be able to access any of my personal files. I'm on Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900). Thanks! 160397
  6. how to create a guest account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create a guest account in windows 10: i want to create a guest account in windows 10. i would appreciate if you can show me the steps Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-guest-account-in-windows-10/596b74a4-707d-4d58-a285-abade8aa7fbf
  7. Guest account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account in Windows 10: How can I activate the Guest account in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-in-windows-10/62b6d407-430d-4640-868f-26688e2aad99"
  8. How to create a Guest account?

How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  9. Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365: We have about 10 pc laptops around the office and I would a couple of them a windows 10 guest login for temporary staff or interns. I don't want to create a local account. I want to create it through office 365. Can that be done?...
  10. Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?: Apparently, Windows 10 Home does not quite support Guest accounts. Yes, one can activate the internal Guest account with net user Guest /active:yes But then it does not show up in the log in screen, or it does show up, but nothing happens when you enter it. Is there a...