Windows 10: Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit

Discus and support Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; With a lot of Windows updates breaking the OS for example the recent update where the OS crashes when you print something is it possible to delay them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotBigGabe, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit

With a lot of Windows updates breaking the OS for example the recent update where the OS crashes when you print something is it possible to delay them on Home versions or is it a Pro only feature.

submitted by /u/NotBigGabe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotBigGabe, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit :)

3. W1zzard Win User
    Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit

1. Can you delay windows updates on Windows 10 Home? 64-bit - Similar Threads - delay updates Home

2. HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT: HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT WITHOUT FORMATING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-32-bit-to-windows/8981ed18-33ec-4fcf-9db8-e25da8031fef
  3. Windows 10 home 64 bits

Windows 10 home 64 bits: My new computer has Windows 10 home 64 bit and version OS Build 18363.1500. Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I am using my home computer. How can I get the latest version of Windows 10, where can I get the latest version and what is the name...
  4. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure....
  5. 32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home: I have a new 1TB Sata HDD. The old Sata HDD has my windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. Could I use the media creator tool and install Windows 10 Home 64 bit to new hard drive and would this detect the digital license on old hard drive? I know this sounds like it would be too...
  6. Window 10 Home 64 bit recovery

Window 10 Home 64 bit recovery: Window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-64-bit-recovery/458e4a83-5038-4063-a44b-25fa5f84aa91
  7. Windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home 64 bit: Ok one of my desktop that i bought came with windows 10 home 64 bit installed on it if i want to put the same windows on my macbook pro i would need a iso file and would i need a new product key...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit update

Windows 10 64 bit update: How can I get a free update of Windows 10 for a 64 bit system? I do not mind the Windows updates because they are necessary to keep the system running. What I do mind is not being given a choice for a 32 bit system or a 64 bit system. The latest update, 1709 placed a 32 bit...
  9. windows 10 - 64 bit updates.

windows 10 - 64 bit updates.: windows has updates that won't finish . no real clue as to why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-64-bit-updates/7a400d7a-7f4c-40ed-9963-911ba947bcc1
  10. Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(

Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(: Hello TenForums, I am having a Windows installation problem on a new build. Using the Media Creation Tool, I created a DVD and a bootable USB (both with Windows 10 Home 64-bit). In both cases, I get a blue screen of death (BSOD) during the installation process. The...