Windows 10: Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

Discus and support Can you delete a printer you are no longer using? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a couple of printers listed on my printer list that I no longer use - don't even still have them - and I would like to delete them but don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarenDavis7, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

I have a couple of printers listed on my printer list that I no longer use - don't even still have them - and I would like to delete them but don't know how. Does anyone know how - or even if they can be successfully deleted?

:)

KarenDavis7, Dec 25, 2018
  2. rmdial Win User

Having trouble deleting printer

I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with Microsoft and Canon several hours over the last week. It still sits there as I type this. When I install the MX492 and update drivers, it still does not show on the printers list and is not recognized when I try to add a printer to the list.

The Canon tech I spoke to suggested there might be a corrupt file or malware somewhere not allowing the removal of the MX850. He suggested I create a new Admin account which would create a new registry and see how that worked. I did that and the MX492 shows up on the printers list and is the default printer.

When I am on my old admin sign on where the MX850 shows up, I can print in Word and Quicken on the MX492 even though it does not show as a printer on the printer page.

So, what to do?

Thanks in advance.

rmdial, Dec 25, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    Having trouble deleting printer

To check for corrupt system files, run sfc /scannow.

To remove malware lurking in the shadows, run AdwCleaner, then Malwarebytes Antimalware Free.

If still unsuccessful after this, you might just want to copy your user files to the new admin account and delete the old account. Actually, if you delete the old account, Windows will ask you if you want to delete the data as well; you can say "no", and it will save the user data in a folder on your new desktop. But if it were me, I would copy it over myself first. *Wink

simrick, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

network printers no longer working for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community Forum.

• Have you installed any third party software in compute?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager

• Select devices and printers

• Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• In the left pane click on View all.

• Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers and check if it helps

• Press Windows key+ X and select device manager.

• Select devices and printers.

• Right click on printer driver and select uninstall.

• Now try to install the printer drivers from manufacturing website.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

1. Can you delete a printer you are no longer using? - Similar Threads - delete printer are

2. Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.: HiI would like to delete a Microsoft account I no longer have access to. I would like to free up the email address attached to it. Could you please guide me through the process...
  3. Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.: HiI would like to delete a Microsoft account I no longer have access to. I would like to free up the email address attached to it. Could you please guide me through the process...
  4. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  5. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  6. Can you delete?

7. Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?: im in the windows 8.1 store and im trying to install an unavailable app i own called Xbox 360 SmartGlass because don't ask why, hint: i can't afford an xbox one but when i try to install on the 8.1 store i get this error: This item is no longer available....
  8. Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?

Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?: im in the windows 8.1 store and im trying to install an unavailable app i own called Xbox 360 SmartGlass because don't ask why, hint: i can't afford an xbox one but when i try to install on the 8.1 store i get this error: This item is no longer available....
  9. Can you delete Windows fonts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you delete Windows fonts?: Windows 10 is bloated with a lot of fonts, which aren't even in english... You can't delete fonts in Windows 10, it prevents you to do it. I heard there is workaround, if you remove some value in registry, than it allows you to delete them. Question is... is it risky? I mean...
  10. Delete an Account used by other apps Email and accounts that you no longer have the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete an Account used by other apps Email and accounts that you no longer have the...: In the Email and accounts setting, I have my old workplace/school account still connected to my system, said account is something that access was removed from me because it was no longer needed as I have left. Windows keeps bugging me with notifications saying that it needs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I delete Printers from my computer that I no longer have?

2. how can i delete a printer i no longer use

3. how to delete printer no longer have