Windows 10: Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

Discus and support Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was looking through Treesize for some large folders that I didn't need, and stumbled across this one.Can you delete it? If so, can I delete it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom Tristram, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

I was looking through Treesize for some large folders that I didn't need, and stumbled across this one.Can you delete it? If so, can I delete it through Treesize or do I need to use another method?

:)

Tom Tristram, Aug 6, 2022

2. Can files in $$DeleteMe.***** in C:\winsxs\Temp\PendingDelete folder if older that 2013 where present if 2018 could cause updates to not get installed and keep revering during reboot.

Can files in $$DeleteMe.***** in C:\winsxs\Temp\PendingDelete folder if older that 2013 where present if 2018 could cause updates to not get installed and keep revering during reboot.

THE SAPRASANJAY, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Cannot run sfc /scannow to completion despite being in safe mode and the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp

Following this guide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system I start Command Prompt as administrator.

Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes? OZmdt.png

I run this successfully

However on running

It fails at 68% complaining about

The original guide suggests trying in safe mode, which I have to no avail. 
    I note that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist
    under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp do exist as the guide further suggests. 
    The folders have many files in them.

I am on Windows 10.

I have also tried the steps in: https://www.infopackets.com/news/96...the_CBS.log_File_if_System_File_Checker_Fails my sfcdetails.txt file does not have any errors in it and after doing most of the steps I am have been recommended to try using a windows repair dvd, getting the files from a known good source or running a repair install (if I manage to try this and it also doesn't work I'll update this post)

user1821961, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Ghot Win User

Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

WindowsSxS Temp Files

Try Option Two or Option Three, here... Clean Up Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10

I run Option Three about once every 6-12 months. I run Option Two after every Windows Update.

My: WinSxS/temp/pendingdelete is empty.

Ghot, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

1. Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes? - Similar Threads - delete WindowsWinSxSTempPendingDeletes

2. How do you restore deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you restore deleted photos?: I do not see them in windows recycle bin...please help me get them back. I have tried to restore to another time and it just keeps running, never restores....
  3. How do you restore deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you restore deleted photos?: I do not see them in windows recycle bin...please help me get them back. I have tried to restore to another time and it just keeps running, never restores....
  4. How do you restore deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?: I have windows 11. I deleted all McAfee apps and then when I try to uninstall mfeavfk.sys through my files it says that I need administrator access. How would I get that or delete it anyway...
  6. Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?

Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?: I have windows 11. I deleted all McAfee apps and then when I try to uninstall mfeavfk.sys through my files it says that I need administrator access. How would I get that or delete it anyway...
  7. Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?: wisecare365 pro uninstalled by windows security 4/26/2024 considered to be a threat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-defender-deleted-wise-care-365/cdd16751-9199-476b-aca4-d2a679eea20e
  8. Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?

Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?: wisecare365 pro uninstalled by windows security 4/26/2024 considered to be a threat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-defender-deleted-wise-care-365/cdd16751-9199-476b-aca4-d2a679eea20e
  9. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete wrong driver from boot menu: I accidentally installed wrong drivers for my keyboard and it told me I have to restart my pc and since then it hasn't been able to come on it keeps on showing me autorepair and after a few moments it shows me advanced options containing things like change startup behaviour,...
  10. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete wrong driver from boot menu: I accidentally installed wrong drivers for my keyboard and it told me I have to restart my pc and since then it hasn't been able to come on it keeps on showing me autorepair and after a few moments it shows me advanced options containing things like change startup behaviour,...