Windows 10: Can you delete the windows folder after installation?

Discus and support Can you delete the windows folder after installation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can you delete the folder? It's taking up 11.5 GB of space on my SSD. submitted by /u/RUUGOOLE [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RUUGOOLE, May 3, 2020.

1. Can you delete the windows folder after installation?

Can you delete the folder? It's taking up 11.5 GB of space on my SSD.

submitted by /u/RUUGOOLE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RUUGOOLE, May 3, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can you delete the windows folder after installation? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 3, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

I have it in mine. Looking thru it, it looks like certain programs keep their installer in there. Probably not a good idea to delete it, as you might lose the ability to uninstall some programs.

Wile E, May 3, 2020
  4. Can you delete the windows folder after installation?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can you delete the windows folder after installation? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can you delete the windows folder after installation? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Can you delete the windows folder after installation?

1. Can you delete the windows folder after installation? - Similar Threads - delete folder installation

2. Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?: I turned on my laptop this morning and two shortcuts were on the desktop to file folders. When I deleted them, the folders themselves were also deleted. I was able to restore them from recycle, but the shortcuts were also restored. Can I get rid of these shortcuts while...
  3. Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can shortcuts to folders be deleted without deleting the folders?: I turned on my laptop this morning and two shortcuts were on the desktop to file folders. When I deleted them, the folders themselves were also deleted. I was able to restore them from recycle, but the shortcuts were also restored. Can I get rid of these shortcuts while...
  4. Can I delete files in delete files in C:\windows\Installer folder after upgrading operating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete files in delete files in C:\windows\Installer folder after upgrading operating...: I am using windows server OS 2012, will it be fine if upgrade my operating system to 2019 and then delete files in C:\windows\Installer folder ? I believe this deletion will not impact the upgraded machine, since all patches and other windows executables will be a part of the...
  5. Can I delete files in delete files in C:\windows\Installer folder after upgrading operating...

Can I delete files in delete files in C:\windows\Installer folder after upgrading operating...: I am using windows server OS 2012, will it be fine if upgrade my operating system to 2019 and then delete files in C:\windows\Installer folder ? I believe this deletion will not impact the upgraded machine, since all patches and other windows executables will be a part of the...
  6. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  7. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  8. Can you delete?

9. Can you delete Windows fonts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you delete Windows fonts?: Windows 10 is bloated with a lot of fonts, which aren't even in english... You can't delete fonts in Windows 10, it prevents you to do it. I heard there is workaround, if you remove some value in registry, than it allows you to delete them. Question is... is it risky? I mean...
  10. How do you delete Windows.old folder after update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete Windows.old folder after update?: Insider updates from 10130 to 10158 to 10159 to 10162 in fairly quick succession, and tried to delete Windows.old. After an age at 98%, then having to manually skip a load of stuff, it still seems as full as ever. Is there an easy way to remove the folder? 7985

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i delete windows folder in c