Windows 10: Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

Discus and support Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Oct 10, 2020.

1. smirk24 Win User

Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my Nvidia card take over is this possible?

The specs of the system I'm asking about is also located in the specs on my profile. Thank you for your help Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead? :)

:)

smirk24, Oct 10, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one

Hello, I've a PC with an AMD A4-5000 APU and an integrated Radeon HD 8330 GPU plus a discrete Radeon HD 8600M GPU which I don't know if it's a 8630, 8670 or 8690. Now, when I install the drivers from AMD, both GPU drivers installs correctly, but for some
    reason Windows 10 (build 2004) treats the discrete GPU as the integrated one, like, both GPUs are treated as one and so I can't correctly use the discrete GPU for more heavy tasks since Windows will redirect everything to the integrated GPU. When I use the
    Windows feature to select which GPU use for an app, it only shows the 8330 on both power saver and high performance options. Task Manager reports integrated GPU's values for the discrete GPU, dxdiag doesn't even know about the discrete GPU existence and when
    I disable the discrete GPU from Device Manager, which correctly reports two different GPUs by the way, it's like I disabled the integrated one. This is so confusing and I don't know what to do, and yet, on AMD Radeon Settings both GPUs are detected perfectly
    fine.

I already tried to fully uninstall both drivers using DDU and reinstall them, but it didn't solved the issue. The drivers are the latest ones from AMD (09/16/2020) and Windows 10 is freshly installed and fully updated

Alex2002ita, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

How can I force my dedicated GPU to handle all applications or disable my integrated GPU?

From pureinfotech:

Silas Reel, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

1. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead? - Similar Threads - disable integrated gpus

2. How to disabled Integrated gpu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled Integrated gpu?: guys why AMD radeon r7 always show up in task manager and device manager even i disabled on bios btw my motherboard is Gigabyte a320m ds2 and another thing microsoft basic display adapter shows up after i uninstall amd radeon r7 on device managersorry im very bad in english i...
  3. How to disabled Integrated gpu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disabled Integrated gpu?: guys why AMD radeon r7 always show up in task manager and device manager even i disabled on bios btw my motherboard is Gigabyte a320m ds2 and another thing microsoft basic display adapter shows up after i uninstall amd radeon r7 on device managersorry im very bad in english i...
  4. How to disabled Integrated gpu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  6. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  7. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  8. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  9. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  10. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?: I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my Nvidia card take over is this possible? The specs of the system I'm asking about is also located in the specs on my profile....