Windows 10: Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?

Discus and support Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently I got a new computer and every time I click "shutdown" it tells me "someone else might be using this computer" and it's really getting on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keenu Vermeulen, May 29, 2019.

1. Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?

So recently I got a new computer and every time I click "shutdown" it tells me "someone else might be using this computer" and it's really getting on my nerves!

:)

Keenu Vermeulen, May 29, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 29, 2019
  4. Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?

1. Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message? - Similar Threads - disable someone else

2. "Someone else is still suing this PC" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Someone else is still suing this PC" message: Good day,Last friday I was trying to shut down my Windows 11 laptop. I received the "Someone else is using this PC message". I panicked, so I shut down the computer via power button.I want to know if my computer is safe, if this a possible virus or some kind of bug.For...
  3. "Someone else is still suing this PC" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Someone else is still suing this PC" message: Good day,Last friday I was trying to shut down my Windows 11 laptop. I received the "Someone else is using this PC message". I panicked, so I shut down the computer via power button.I want to know if my computer is safe, if this a possible virus or some kind of bug.For...
  4. Disable add someone else to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  5. Product key not working. If it was used by someone else can it no longer be used?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key not working. If it was used by someone else can it no longer be used?: I bought a windows 10 pro installation drive in box, though the box looked sealed it looks like someone may have already been inside. It has the drive inside and the card with the product key but it wont allow me to activate it. If someone has been in the box and used this...
  6. Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else?: Can you set up an email aaccount on your computer for someone else.? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: gmail account...
  7. someone else is still using this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone else is still using this PC: whe I was going to shut down my pc I get this message [ATTACH] then I realized that , this is the user who is logged in my pc, who is this user, and how he logged in [ATTACH]...
  8. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  9. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  10. Someone else trying to use account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else trying to use account: My wife got a notification that someone else might be using her account and was instructed to reset her account. The phone number that was listed for the text code was a number we never had....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. someone else is using this pc message

2. can you pair a Windows phone with someone else