Windows 10: Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10?

Discus and support Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For my job I have to do the initial set up of new laptops from HP. We do not have an image (and the MSP wont give me one)... Is there a way I can skip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DwayneTheCrockPotson, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10?

For my job I have to do the initial set up of new laptops from HP. We do not have an image (and the MSP wont give me one)... Is there a way I can skip through that series of questions at the start of a win10 setup (e.g. keyboard, privacy, username, etc.)? All of the answer file tutorials I can find are only with an installation of windows, not for an already installed copy... Anyone know what I could do, or what to google?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/DwayneTheCrockPotson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DwayneTheCrockPotson, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10? [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10? [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10?

Windows 10 - Cannot read the < ProductKey > in the answer file for unattended installation

Did you use SysPrep to create unattended answer file?

You might need to delete it to proceed to the setup.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10?

1. Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10? - Similar Threads - unattended answer file

2. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  3. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  4. Win10 USB Install - answer file installiation process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 USB Install - answer file installiation process: Looking for documentation that explains the installation process https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-usb-install-answer-file-installiation/28f3dc30-d5f5-47b7-a482-b2867976e874
  5. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  6. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  7. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

8. Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media: How to: Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media [img] Information We have multiple tutorials on Ten Forums about creating a custom Windows install media and automating Windows Setup and OOBE. All those tutorials are intended for advanced users, requiring...
  9. Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass...

Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass...: My manufacturer gave me images and scripts that deploy image in notebook. I installed Win10 in it but it got an error during setup. I found out that it caused by Unattend.xml file. Some said that it solved the problem by removing the component line but i'm unsure if it is...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?: The problem with my answer is that following error message appears "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file". Can someone help me with this problem? Can I somehow skip this product key part in the answer file? Here is my answer file....