Windows 10: Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in...

Discus and support Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have a dell inspiron 5570 with 12gb ram 1tb hddIntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzwindows 10 preinstalledCan you dual boot windows 10 x64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by I Miss windows 7, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in...

i have a dell inspiron 5570 with 12gb ram 1tb hddIntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzwindows 10 preinstalledCan you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi?!everything goes well until the part of the installation of windows 7 x64 when you pick which partition to install it on. instead of showing the partition i made it shows that there is no partitions found at all. how can i get the windows 7 x64 installation to be able to recognize and install on my gpt partition?

:)

I Miss windows 7, Nov 27, 2021
  2. remco8264 Win User

Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?)

Hi all,

This is my situation:

I running into troubles that I think are having to do with UEFI. Secure boot is disabled.

I've tried these things:

Situation 1:
    • Create a bootable USB using Rufus (GPT partition)
    • When booting I get this error.

Situation 2:
    • Mount the VHD.
    • Manually install Windows 7 using Dism /apply-image command.
    • Add bootfiles
    • Add entry in Boot Loader (using EasyBCD).
    • When booting I get a black screen (nothing else, even ''starting Windows'' does not occur).

So currently I have no idea what to do next. Could anyone give me assistance?

Thanks in advance!

remco8264, Nov 27, 2021
  3. 3tb internal storage windows 10

Windows 10/8/8.1/7 and Vista support GPT 3TB single partitions. These operating systems support booting from UEFI and GPT without the need of a non-Microsoft device driver. This is the Windows native solution for booting a 3TB drive to a single partition.

lorraine walsh, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Siddhagod Win User

Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in...

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in...

1. Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in... - Similar Threads - dual boot x64

2. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64: Hello guys, As I have intermittent problems with my current double boot I want to start from scratch, delete all windows partitions and efi. I wanna make a dual boot for Windows 10 pro with the following config :SSD 1: windows 10 pro partition with bitlocker activated , 1efi...
  3. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64: Hello guys, As I have intermittent problems with my current double boot I want to start from scratch, delete all windows partitions and efi. I wanna make a dual boot for Windows 10 pro with the following config :SSD 1: windows 10 pro partition with bitlocker activated , 1efi...
  4. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi in...: i have a dell inspiron 5570 with 12gb ram 1tb hddIntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzwindows 10 preinstalledCan you dual boot windows 10 x64 and windows 7 x64 on gpt style partition and using uefi?!everything goes well until the part of the installation of windows 7...
  6. Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition: Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-install-windows-7-dual-boot-on-windows-10/72fb11ff-1b7d-4b36-8087-98fff87907c6
  7. Dual Boot Windows 10 using uefi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Boot Windows 10 using uefi: I have 30 computers and want to run two labs with software products that are not compatible. Drive 1 has a windows 10 image and software A. Drive 2 has a windows 10 image and software B. When I boot into bios I see the two hard drives and can select either Drive 1 or 2...
  8. Windows 10 GPT/UEFI + Windows 7 boot menu

Windows 10 GPT/UEFI + Windows 7 boot menu: What I have: Windows 10 booting from GPT drive via UEFI. A partitioned MBR drive with two Windows 7 installations. Machine can boot into Windows 10, but not the Windows 7 installations. What I'd like: A boot menu containing all three OSes. Available tools:...
  9. Partition scheme win10 x64 family, uefi and secure boot ?

Partition scheme win10 x64 family, uefi and secure boot ?: Hello, I'm currently reinstalling entirely windows 10 x64 with uefi , hardware fast boot, and secureboot. I'm a bit confused because win 10 installer set: Recovery on partition 1 System on partition 2 (win re) MSR (not formated) 3 Then System (c*Smile at end of...
  10. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...