Windows 10: Can you export this stuff from Chrome to Edge?

Discus and support Can you export this stuff from Chrome to Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey, I got myself the new Edge and wanted to ask if you can export bookmarks, passwords etc. to Edge without inserting stuff. TIA Kann man das Zeug... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vincent865, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Can you export this stuff from Chrome to Edge?

Hey, I got myself the new Edge and wanted to ask if you can export bookmarks, passwords etc. to Edge without inserting stuff.

TIA

:)

Vincent865, Aug 1, 2020
  2. kgaouette Win User

Exporting Bookmarks from Edge to Chrome

I don't want to be repetitive but it seems that some have missed the links to the very helpful work done by Emmet Gray. I also wanted to provide a simpler, step by step guide.

Kudos to Emmet Gray for the creating The Export Edge Bookmarks Tool. He shared both the code for power users and a simple .exe to extract favorites from the ESE database and export them to a standards-based "bookmark.htm" file. See www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeExport.html

Chrome and other browsers don't play nice with HTM files so you might need to convert to HTML. I am sure there are many ways to do this but Adobe makes this easy for anyone. Just use Acrobat (Arobat DC) to export to HTML

Steps:

Now you have HTML file that can be edited and imported into another browser. But don't abandon Edge yet!

Update!

Thank you Firefox! Mozilla Firefox Version 44.0.2 now allows direct import from Microsoft Edge. Once in Firefox favorites can be exported to any browser.

kgaouette, Aug 1, 2020
  3. graye Win User

Sure, go right ahead!

Oh... were you asking how to do that? If so, then please read the other answers in this thread on how to perform an export. Here is a short synopsis:

1) If you have both Chrome and Edge on the same PC, then you can just use Chrome's import technique

2) If not, you can export your Favorites to a Bookmarks.html file (that Chrome knows how to import)

2a) If you are using the latest version of Edge, then you can use the native export feature

2b) If not, you can use the
    EdgeManage
    application to perform the export

graye, Aug 1, 2020
  4. graye Win User

Can you export this stuff from Chrome to Edge?

So, there are several ways to get Favorites from Edge to Chrome

1) If you have both Chrome and Edge on the same PC, then you can just use Chrome's import technique

2) If not, you can export your Favorites to a Bookmarks.html file (that Chrome knows how to import)

2a) If you are using the latest version of Edge, then you can use the native export feature

2b) If not, you can use the
    EdgeManage
    application to perform the export

To directly address your question about the update, you can use this link to start the upgrade process:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

This is just a quick summary, so feel free to ask for additional information!

graye, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can you export this stuff from Chrome to Edge?

1. Can you export this stuff from Chrome to Edge? - Similar Threads - export stuff Chrome

2. Switching from Chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Chrome to edge: I recently switched from Microsoft edge to Chrome. Didn't like the way it works so I switched back to Microsoft edge. Somewhere in the switch my Microsoft mail and calendar disappeared off of my toolbar it is in my apps it is set as my default mail. The problem I'm having is...
  3. Switching from Chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Chrome to edge: I recently switched from Microsoft edge to Chrome. Didn't like the way it works so I switched back to Microsoft edge. Somewhere in the switch my Microsoft mail and calendar disappeared off of my toolbar it is in my apps it is set as my default mail. The problem I'm having is...
  4. Can you export 3d viewer textures?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you export 3d viewer textures?: i can export the models but not the textures. How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-export-3d-viewer-textures/865520ba-5551-4231-8e57-c2cfcb097493
  5. Exporting Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge favorites: Good evening, I have purchased a new PC. Is there anyway I can export my favourite sites from Edge on my old PC and import them into Edge on my new one? Thanks Mike...
  6. Chrome & IE Export Script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome & IE Export Script: I have to transition my team from Win 7 to Win 10. We have a mix of Chrome and IE. I am looking for a script that can export all of their bookmarks and passwords for both IE and Chrome ...for easy import into Chrome Only on the New Win 10 machines. Trying to avoid a lot of...
  7. Exporting Edge passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge passwords: How can I export my edge web site passwords to a .csv file to import to chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-edge-passwords/39a420e7-2cb5-4697-9804-8a1262970ac5
  8. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  9. How can you change the color of chrome from white?

in Browsers and Email
    How can you change the color of chrome from white?: Hello everyone my mom just upgraded her HP laptop to 10 last night. I was playing around seeing if I like it. I realized stylish from the chrome store doesn't work. Is there a way to change the white background on CHROME AND EDGE to black or atleast to something darker. I...
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...