Windows 10: Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?

Discus and support Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve heard a lot about windows telemetry lately, I’m wondering if there is anyway to fully get rid of it, or minimize it to be as little intrusive as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/x_ta_se, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?

I’ve heard a lot about windows telemetry lately, I’m wondering if there is anyway to fully get rid of it, or minimize it to be as little intrusive as possible. I heard you can disable it by using a registration edit, but I heard that it will just turn on in the next Windows update is this true?

Edit: a bit of context, I’m a gaming youtuber and I’m privacy concerned.

submitted by /u/x_ta_se
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/x_ta_se, Jun 30, 2020

2. Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

All your reply does, is show Microsoft's disconnect from reality. For one, there's no longer a Diagnostics Tracking Service. That's no coincidence, btw, as MS purposely keeps changing the compat telemetry stuff around (so people have a harder
    time disabling it). And/or keep re-enabling the compat telemetry in nearly every update. Read the thread. So, processblocker is the ONLY thing, so far, that truly, and persistently, blocks your compat telemetry now.

'Telemetry gives users a voice in the operating system’s development.' And, pray-tell, what is this?! Am I supposed to feel empowered now?! If you guys would REALLY listen to us, you wouldn't be constantly going out of your way to shove the compat telemetry
    in our faces to begin with.

But since this is the probably the closest we get to having your ear, please hear this: compatTelRunner is an incredibly invasive piece of software, which constantly keeps your disk(s) bogged down. For instance, I have some junctions on my SSD to my game
    disk. And no, I really don't want the combat telemetry malware to scan my entire game disk at every change made to my install. I really don't. And I really don't get why you people don't get that.

If you really want us to 'be as productive as possible', then stop trashing our hard disks!

meimeiriver2, Jun 30, 2020
  4. torre Win User

Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?

Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?

1. Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit? - Similar Threads - fully disable telemetry

2. Reg edit using cmd prompt to disable write protection SSD PCI Slot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reg edit using cmd prompt to disable write protection SSD PCI Slot: So I’m at reg edit in cmd line now what? What do I type in it to disable write protection on my drive…. Can you type it out exactly for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reg-edit-using-cmd-prompt-to-disable-write/10f75670-a5ad-4094-b2e3-5ec61f3fa514
  3. Reg edit using cmd prompt to disable write protection SSD PCI Slot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reg edit using cmd prompt to disable write protection SSD PCI Slot: So I’m at reg edit in cmd line now what? What do I type in it to disable write protection on my drive…. Can you type it out exactly for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reg-edit-using-cmd-prompt-to-disable-write/10f75670-a5ad-4094-b2e3-5ec61f3fa514
  4. Reg edit using cmd prompt to disable write protection SSD PCI Slot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  6. German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

in Windows 10 News
    German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled: Telemetry has been a hot topic ever since Microsoft released the first version of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft decided to integrate the collecting of data deeply into the operating system; so deep that the consumer editions Windows 10 Home and Windows...
  7. How can i disable telemetry in windows 10 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i disable telemetry in windows 10 1909?: submitted by /u/matteo_834 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7wb2z/how_can_i_disable_telemetry_in_windows_10_1909/
  8. Windows 10 Reg Edit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Reg Edit: What is the highlighted line and how can I find out what it is and how can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-reg-edit/3f857acd-1a99-415e-9cd2-6cebed323339
  9. Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you): I wrote a quick batch script to disable some of the Windows 10 telemetry. It's interactive, safe*, and easy to use. Download Link: Script I'm working on a more comprehensive application to control the telemetry in windows 10. A true C++ application, but there's a...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...