Windows 10: Can you get a unwanted program installed by playing a video or enlarging an image or by...

Discus and support Can you get a unwanted program installed by playing a video or enlarging an image or by... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just want to know if this was possible at all. Just wanted to know if you can get anything bad from playing a video, enlarging an image, or by joining... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tom_Jerry625, May 2, 2020.

1. Can you get a unwanted program installed by playing a video or enlarging an image or by...

Just want to know if this was possible at all.

Just wanted to know if you can get anything bad from playing a video, enlarging an image, or by joining a channel on Discord.

Discord is a chatting platform to call with your friends or chat with them.

:)

Tom_Jerry625, May 2, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 2, 2020
  3. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 2, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Can you get a unwanted program installed by playing a video or enlarging an image or by...

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

Thema:

Can you get a unwanted program installed by playing a video or enlarging an image or by...

1. Can you get a unwanted program installed by playing a video or enlarging an image or by... - Similar Threads - unwanted program installed

2. Can you get a Trojan/Virus or anything unwanted on your PC by simply enlarging a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get a Trojan/Virus or anything unwanted on your PC by simply enlarging a...: When you enlarge an image on google, yahoo, and bing you stay on the search engine. Images can contain malware and other unwanted things but what does it mean by that? To get a unwanted thing on your PC from an image, what do you have to do? I know this question may seem a...
  3. Videos on You Tube will not play.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on You Tube will not play.: Videos on You Tube will not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-on-you-tube-will-not-play/5b4f9b8e-cad7-4933-9f13-a21710b3d7c4
  4. AI Image Enlarger lets you enlarge an image of low to high resolution

in Windows 10 News
    AI Image Enlarger lets you enlarge an image of low to high resolution: [ATTACH] [IMG]Photoshop is not the only software that offers the capability of enlarging your images with the help of artificial intelligence. Many other tools help you upscale and enhance your small and low-definition images. Moreover, they are free. AI Image Enlarger [...]...
  5. unwanted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted program: can't uninstall segurazo antivirus. do not know where it came from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/78587875-7014-489c-bc73-eff95598fed5
  6. Unwanted program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted program: How do I get rid of Microsoft Teams on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/96d1f953-2c45-42a3-8d01-6d757de5ca93
  7. Videos play enlarged. Presumably after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos play enlarged. Presumably after windows 10 update.: My HP laptop now playes most videos extreemly enlarged for no apperant reason. Possibly after windows update. How can i fix it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-play-enlarged-presumably-after-windows-10/34e42c08-c159-4d6a-959c-6d52b528934d
  8. unwanted program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted program: Recently I've been logging in to Google Chrome email and from that into Outlook. Next, when I hit new tab it no longer opens the Google Chrome email home page. Instead, it opens a search page and won't get off it unless I completely exit from Google or restart the whole...
  9. Image issue when playing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Image issue when playing videos: Hello, I have been having issues out of nowhere when playing videos on my Laptop, the video image appears to be zoomed in and blurry; the sound is perfectly fine and it doesn't appear to be an issue of zooming in and out within the settings or using the mouse control. This...
  10. 1607 enlarges monitor image

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1607 enlarges monitor image: Woke up to numerous system changes & noticed the dreaded 1607 update got installed overnight. The most annoying unwanted change this time is that any maximized window now extends beyond the monitor boundary -- meaning I can't see its caption buttons, menu bars, status bar, or...