Windows 10: Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?

Discus and support Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...s/apd/451-bbkv I bought one of these for my laptop a while back and use it as backup power for my laptop. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulyjustin, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...s/apd/451-bbkv

I bought one of these for my laptop a while back and use it as backup power for my laptop. I want to get another one of these and notice that on sites like ebay, people sell them either new, open box or used and the price is much less than on dell.

Last time when i bought it off dell site, there was a sale. I should have bought 2 but i didn't.

There is no risk of a dell powerbank like this infecting a laptop with malware/virus or keylogger right since you can only plug it into the laptop via power cord? There are however usb ports though if say you want to charge a phone or other things like that. But that is possible for someone to put malware/keylogger/virus on it?

I heard that if you use a powerbank that has a usb-c cable like the one below, then all bets are off right as if someone sold a used or tampered powerbank like the one below, you can get your computer with virus/malware... is that correct?

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...s/apd/451-bcev

So would you recommend to not worry about these things, just pay more and get it new? I always buy electronics pretty much new. But i dont want to risk buying something that could possibly be tampered which is why i pretty much always buy from sites like amazon or dell when it comes to electronics. I assume for the first powerbank, if you only use it to connect to your laptop, then its 100% safe? But if you use the usb ports, well its not if someone who sold it or someone who had it before and sold it could do something with the usb ports? I read in an article you should never borrow a usb cable from others because its possible that person could be giving you a cable with malware etc.

But would someone installing malware into something like this be tough or easy? Would the costs be worth it? How much money would it cost to tamper something like this and how long would it take for them to do that? For example, if its being sold to someone with very important things on their computer, well i could see someone like a hacker doing everything to put malware on it.

:)

paulyjustin, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Is it a Virus or a Malware or something else?

Hello Joes,

There's a possibility that your device is infected with a malware causing why you're unable to delete the game on your laptop. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Aside from formatting the hard drive, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you asked your friend where did he download the games?

To identify if your computer is infected with a virus or malware, we recommend downloading and running
    Microsoft Safety Scanner. The scanner can easily detect if there's any virus found on your device. To do so, follow the steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?

Le Boule, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?

1. Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank? - Similar Threads - virus malware powerbank

2. Obvious Virus / Malware But Can Not Resolve

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obvious Virus / Malware But Can Not Resolve: It's pretty obvious that I have a virus or malware that has gone undetected. I have used built in Windows 10 Security & McAfee and both full security scans / offline scans would complete without detecting anything suspicious. Until recently. I have been having Windows...
  3. Can you remove malware from software?

Can you remove malware from software?: Is it possible to inspect software that is embedded with malware I want to remove all the corrupted files out of it so the use of the program will be clean again. I swear I BELIEVE IT IS POSSIBLE!...
  4. Can you get a virus from an exe file that was in a zipped folder?

Can you get a virus from an exe file that was in a zipped folder?: Hi everybody. I downloaded a folder from google drive which had a couple of pdf files and an exe file I didn't notice. When I opened the zipped folder I noticed the exe and immediately deleted the file (while the folder was still zipped) but windows explorer crashed. I...
  5. How do you get rid of the captchatopsource virus/malware?

How do you get rid of the captchatopsource virus/malware?: I went to a website and it told me to click on something to fulfill the captcha request. Now I get notifications on my desktop all the time and am having trouble installing and uninstalling apps. Windows Defender can't seem to fix it and none of the other antivirus or...
  6. Can doing this delete virus/malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can doing this delete virus/malware: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daddysuxkz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpu44p/can_doing_this_delete_virusmalware/
  7. Virus and Malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus and Malware: Questions about windows update. Just wondering, if I had a problem like virius I was not aware of would updates fix it, or would I be notified of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-malware/77dbd6f1-f70e-462f-9861-4934fe968b68
  8. Virus and Malware

Virus and Malware: My computer has been infected by a virus and encrypted all my drives. All my documents have a .peet extension and I can not open them. Any help on how on the decryption of the corrupted files?...
  9. Can you get a virus from a keyboard?

Can you get a virus from a keyboard?: I know this might sound like a stupid question. But say you have a keyboard and you do not know if someone did anything to it. Then you connect it to your laptop. Assuming its a wired keyboard, this is impossible right? But what if its a wireless keyboard? I ask this because...
  10. Can you get a virus from a keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you get a virus from a keyboard?: I know this might sound like a stupid question. But say you have a keyboard and you do not know if someone did anything to it. Then you connect it to your laptop. Assuming its a wired keyboard, this is impossible right? But what if its a wireless keyboard? I ask this because...